Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Hydrofoil/sportfishing

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Hydrofoil/sportfishing

Postby Peter_Frank » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:48 pm

Ha haa, sorry, when I read the title I thought it was about "us" interfering with sportsfishers :rollgrin:

A different topic, but how many of you have encountered to get stuck (or reverse) in far out fishing lines from sportfishers standing on the pier or on the beach, especially when marginal winds so you can not get up high and out?

I have 3 times, aaaargh, bugger, had to go in the water and "fish" the line out, and fortunately I avoided the hook each time :roll:

8) PF

AndersP
Frequent Poster
Gear: Foil and Mutant

Postby AndersP » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:16 pm

Sharks sink when they stop swimming...

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Flyboy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:23 am

Hitting and injuring a turtle would be very distressing - turtles are "cute", unlike sharks. That's how we humans anthropomorphize animals. Turtles do get out of the way ... but relatively slowly. It's hard to imagine a shark would not be injured by an impact like that - I'm not sure how severely.

OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby OzBungy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:21 am

I have seen lots of dolphins (and pictures of sharks) with propeller cuts along their backs. The dolphins seemed perfectly happy. A foil hitting a shark or dolphin at speed would amount to nothing.

I have been tangled in fishing line about 6-7 times. 3-4 times with fishermen casting into the water inside the rock groynes that enclose our official wind sports area. 3 times I have been riding in the open sea and been tangled in loose lengths of fishing line. I just cut the line loose with my hook knife.

I am terrified of passing behind a boat towing a long line with a lure. I read a story of a windsurfer being hooked in the hand and being towed for miles before he could chew through the line.

Return to “Hydrofoil”