Local Beach: Private Kite & Wing Beach d'Epine
Style: Freeride
Gear: *
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Fly surfer soul wind range

Postby Janus » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:43 pm

fogmeister wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:19 pm
i was out boosting on my hydrofoil yesterday with the 12m soul in gusty winds got into a stretch of 20-25 kts with gusts to thirty. riding with the foil at 12 oclock was no problem, then tacking hard upwind powered fully sheeted out for a boost............................now this isnt fun cruising around effortlesly on the hydrofoil , it was for boosting, i could and should have been on 10. But the range is large on these kites! i should mention i only weigh 65kg.
-- 10m for foiling in 20-25kts gusts to 30kts? .. looks more like 6m territory for me (because there is not a 4m..).. and you were on the 12m? must be boosting indeed...

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Fly surfer soul wind range

Postby tomtom » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:04 pm

fogmeister wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:19 pm
i was out boosting on my hydrofoil yesterday with the 12m soul in gusty winds got into a stretch of 20-25 kts with gusts to thirty. riding with the foil at 12 oclock was no problem, then tacking hard upwind powered fully sheeted out for a boost............................now this isnt fun cruising around effortlesly on the hydrofoil , it was for boosting, i could and should have been on 10. But the range is large on these kites! i should mention i only weigh 65kg.
You wish...

Return to “Foil Kites”