Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Chrono V3 Vs Flysurfer Soul

For all foil kite riders
WH Lithuania
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Melnragė, Elektrėnai, Vievis
Favorite Beaches: Melnragė
Style: wave, hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone Chrono V3 UL 13m. Ozone Reo V5 9m and 7m, V4 10m. BWS Aeneema 5'5. Tons of GoFoil, Moses, Takuma foils. BWS Mulcoy Pro 6'0.

Re: Chrono V3 Vs Flysurfer Soul.

Postby WH Lithuania » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:03 pm

windrider1 wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:45 pm
WH Lithuania wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:52 am
It's ridiculous to read Flysurfer fanboys. Have anybody of you tried Chrono V3 Ultralight? Here everyone who tried my 13m is blown away. The only thing to complain about is the price tag. Obviously, one can't buy the best for cheap.
the best :lol: ? thats a best stretch of the imagination. everyone who flown a flysurfer next to an ozone can tell u hands down the flysurfer is better more dynamic kite.
Have anyone of them ever tried Chrono V3 Ultralight? Looks like the answer is NO.

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby andylc » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:53 pm

I was thinking of getting one but the bank wouldn't let me have a second mortgage...

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:08 am

WH Lithuania wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:03 pm
windrider1 wrote:
WH Lithuania wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:52 am
It's ridiculous to read Flysurfer fanboys. Have anybody of you tried Chrono V3 Ultralight? Here everyone who tried my 13m is blown away. The only thing to complain about is the price tag. Obviously, one can't buy the best for cheap.
the best :lol: ? thats a best stretch of the imagination. everyone who flown a flysurfer next to an ozone can tell u hands down the flysurfer is better more dynamic kite.
Have anyone of them ever tried Chrono V3 Ultralight? Looks like the answer is NO.
Nope I have not tried because:
1. Way way to expensive
2. No adjustable bridle
3. No aweseome warranty like FLYSURFER
4. Zippers don’t belong on a foilkite, FLYSURFER learned that a while ago
5. Kite stitching that collects sand
6. Not nearly as airtight

Not sure how you can really believe that the Chrono is a better choice. Ozone is still a couple generations behind the learning curve which would be ok if their prices reflected it. I think you are one of the few you have flown the v3.

WH Lithuania
Medium Poster
Gear: Ozone Chrono V3 UL 13m. Ozone Reo V5 9m and 7m, V4 10m. BWS Aeneema 5'5. Tons of GoFoil, Moses, Takuma foils. BWS Mulcoy Pro 6'0.

Postby WH Lithuania » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:29 am

Adventure Logs wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:08 am
WH Lithuania wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:03 pm
windrider1 wrote:

Nope I have not tried because:
1. Way way to expensive
2. No adjustable bridle
3. No aweseome warranty like FLYSURFER
4. Zippers don’t belong on a foilkite, FLYSURFER learned that a while ago
5. Kite stitching that collects sand
6. Not nearly as airtight

Not sure how you can really believe that the Chrono is a better choice. Ozone is still a couple generations behind the learning curve which would be ok if their prices reflected it. I think you are one of the few you have flown the v3.
I'm not sure how you can believe that any other kite can be better than Chrono V3 Ultralight without trying it yourself. I suspect that you even haven't seen one flying next to your kite. It really sounds like you are trying to convince that BMW is worse than your Civic because BMW is way more expensive so you never tried it and were not able to compare it with Civic.

I have no issues with any points you listed. The price is also not an issue for me, but I agree that for somebody it could be an issue. The most important thing for me is the best performance, that's what Chrono V3 Ultralight delivers. I see a lot of Flysurfers here in our local beaches and I beat them all with Chrono V3 Ultralight.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:04 pm

There is no way Flysurfers are Civics, that is something I would more label Pansh. Flysurfer has so much more experience designing foils for water than anyone else. There are so many finer details to a Flysurfer. Do Ozones have LCLs? Smooth connections like ELCs? Water repellent coating? Yes or No? Because even Panshs have them. And if you think you don't need them well you are just not experienced enough. Performance has many aspects and being fastest or highest are just some.

WH Lithuania
Medium Poster

Postby WH Lithuania » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:55 pm

foilholio wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:04 pm
There is no way Flysurfers are Civics, that is something I would more label Pansh. Flysurfer has so much more experience designing foils for water than anyone else. There are so many finer details to a Flysurfer. Do Ozones have LCLs? Smooth connections like ELCs? Water repellent coating? Yes or No? Because even Panshs have them. And if you think you don't need them well you are just not experienced enough. Performance has many aspects and being fastest or highest are just some.
You can ride water repellent coating, LCLs or ELCs whatever it means, but I ride the Chrono V3 Ultralight that no other kite matches. The last time I was enjoying light wind with 13M with others struggling to ride Souls - the guy thought I'm riding 18m as he couldn't believe his eyes that it's 13 written on the kite. So if the budget is not an issue, then simply choose the best.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:11 pm

You have completely missed what I typed. If Ozone hasn't got those things yet then they are clearly not the best. If you were beating some one in light wind it could be because of your board, skill, weight, a host of reasons. Early flysurfer kites had excellent performance, straight out of paragliders but were horrible to use for a whole heap of reasons.

Anyway isn't the hyperlink in the same category as the soul and the chrono compares to the sonic?

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:59 pm

I have not flown the 13m UL but the 12m Soul has a better low end than 13m standard cloth Chrono V2 from personal experience flying them directly back to back in exactly the same marginal wind. Ozone do not claim any better low end for the UL versions but simply say that handling is better and it will stay in the air in less wind. The reality may be different though, and I haven't tried the V3 having been so impressed by the Soul.
I really don't know why people are arguing here. The Soul and the Chrono are both excellent kites, the Chrono UL is stupidly expensive, but why do we have to arse about trying to claim one is better than the other? Very dull.
These users thanked the author andylc for the post:
Aspiremr (Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:30 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

WH Lithuania
Medium Poster

Postby WH Lithuania » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:05 pm

Not much sense in this discussion really. Somebody claims that his Soul has some features that I totally don't need. That's probably the reason why Soul starts to fall from the sky while Chrono V3 UL still hangs without any problems.

The reason I went with Chrono V3 UL is that I wanted super stable easy to ride ultralight freerace kite. I both enjoy freeriding it with Onda 633 wing and near race kite performance with 637 race wing. Nothing like this is found among competitors.

Bossstyle
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Portland
Style: Freeride
Gear: F-one bandit 11m 2018
F-one bandit 9m 2018
F-one Mitu pro surf board
Flyradical 5 twin tip
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bossstyle » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:31 am

So how many times you been on the podium Mate amongst all those other competitors?

Return to “Foil Kites”