Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Hyperlink 12m vs Soul 12m

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:56 pm

It's an easy decision, the Soul. Better fabric, better bridal, can sit on the water without taking on water MUCH longer, faster turning, etc etc

Kristan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plescheevo lake
Favorite Beaches: Mejvodnoye, Crimea
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Eleveight XS 14m, Paraavis Smile 3 15m. Boards: Flysurfer Radical 6 144x46, Flysurfer Flydoor4 170x50

Postby Kristan » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:57 am

foilholio wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:25 pm
Adjustment systems are over rated. Adding your own is simple enough. Most adjustment should be on Z unlike as used on flysurfer with B and C.

I have seen and used plenty of Flysurfer and Ozone kites that behave as you witnessed Pansh "kites". All foils go out of tune and people often adjust them poorly.
I've looked up Pansh kites, holy tapdancing Jesus, those prices. On the other hand, those prices come... with a price.

Yeeeaah, naaaah...

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 am

All foils need some measuring at some point. Measuring is most helpful for inexperienced people, but for many things you can do without it if you know what you are doing and to look for.

Yes Pansh are very cheap and they are exceptional value. If you are foil curious and just want the try one then the smaller say Genesis are so cheap I would say there is no risk there. If you would have always liked to have a large lightwind foil but the insane prices of other brands has put you off, well Pansh is very hard to pass by.
Last edited by foilholio on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kristan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plescheevo lake
Favorite Beaches: Mejvodnoye, Crimea
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Eleveight XS 14m, Paraavis Smile 3 15m. Boards: Flysurfer Radical 6 144x46, Flysurfer Flydoor4 170x50

Postby Kristan » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:16 am

foilholio wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 am
All foils need some measuring at some point.
If that point is right out of the bag, like on the photo above, then I ain't touching Pansh kites with a 10ft pole. I mean, some kites do require tuning out of the bag, but not like this. This looks more like lines displacement.

I'm not "foil curious". I do already own a Flysurfer foil kite that I use during winters. And I wish to pay extra for a world known paragliders manufacturer that is Ozone, or proven quality of foil kites of Flysurfer.

Weird thing, our local dealers for some reason have raised the price for a Hyperlink, so now it costs the same as Soul. If other kite shop just didn't update their price... guess that Soul is where I'll go.

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:19 am

Kristan wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:16 am
And I wish to pay extra for a world known paragliders manufacturer that is Ozone, or proven quality of foil kites of Flysurfer.
Skywalk paragliders is closely related to Flysurfer kiteboarding in case you did not know. Perhaps the connection is not so "world known".

Return to “Foil Kites”