Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Using a HQ Symphony 3.3 on a bar

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:33 pm

I was looking for some ideas and advice to help me solve a problem. I have a HQ Symphony 3.3 on four line, usually flown using handles.The kite is used for fun when the wind gets to strong for my larger Arc kites. The Arcs all fly on a bar and I much prefer this form of control.I tried to get the Symphony to fly on a C-Quad bar. Two line mode, no problem. As soon as the break lines are attatched to the ends of the bar and the main lines to the centre point, all the kite wants to do is turn in the opposite direction to the bar input, or simply spiral. I have tried crossing the brake line. No effect. I also tried the Arc bar with depower, brake lines attached to the depower loop. Main lines attached to bar end. As soon as any tension is placed on the brake line to fly the kite backwards it spirals. Any ideas or mods I could make.
Thanks. Mark

skyhippie
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby skyhippie » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:55 pm

Hi Mark,

I fly a 4.9qm ks4u as traction kite for a mountainboard. I started flying it with a bar (main lines in the center, brake lines at the tips)with the possibility of adjusting the brake lines during the flight, but not really in quad modus. It worked fine, but those kites were designed to be flown with Handles (I guess this applies to the Symphony as well). One time I tried a C-Quad bar, but I couldn't get used to it. Now I only fly it with handles (on the land!)and control, precision and speed are much better.
Back to your point: if the lenght of main and brake lines is right, I see no reason why it should spiral, even with a bar. Try to lenghten the brakes a bit.
If you find a better solution, let me know!

Return to “Snow / Land”