Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Naish Mutant 4'7

Postby Toby » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:33 am

The 4'7 Pro is the latest Naish Mutant design courtesy of Mark Shinn.

The construction “seemsâ€

tux
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lignano
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara CE BR
Style: wave
Gear: Naish Helix Limited '09 9 North rebel '09 9; vegas '08 9 , rhino '07 14
John Amundson Pro model '08 Hydro '08
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pics?

Postby tux » Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:35 pm

Hi Toby, what about some pics?:

Tux

vide
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby vide » Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:35 pm

Used my 47 Pro for the first time today. 14m X3 in wind 14knots - mid 20's. This is the 3rd Mutant I have owned. I have been riding TT's for a while lately, but was keen to use some fins again. This board feels much different to previous mutants. I loved it. This could be my one and only board.

I will keep the Stonker 137 because I like that too, but the small size of the 47 with good width, and flat tail rocker makes it a board that will work in a very wide wind range.

I was surprised by the low end. Cranking upwind was too easy. Loading up for big jumps is insane, as your back foot is so close to the tail and over the rear fins. You can edge on this board like crazy.

The weight is OK (finally) and the board looks great too. It felt like a very clean, fast and balanced ride. Perfect partner for the X3.

My only gripe is that I already have some arse big chips in the blue finish. I am not sure how they happened, but after only a day this is a pain in the butt.

Can't wait to get in some waves with this board.

If you are a really big rider, this board may not be for you. It actually feels much much smaller than my stonker 137, even though it is 2cm longer. It's because the straps are set back, so you are only using 3/4 of the board.

Still, I could jybe it no problems. I gybed 1.2 the time and rode toeside/fins first 1/2 the time. Rides nice backwards (Better than previous Mutants) but still doesn't feel quite right to jump from fins first.

The grab rails all the way round are great.

It you ride Mutant - this board kicks butt. Naish have it nailed this time. Some might still find it heavy, and may not like the thickness, but I found it OK. Much much better than previous Mutants.

DT

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:37 pm

Hi Toby,

As you are well aware, when you page scrape my reviews, or anyone's reviews for that matter, you should acknowledge the author... Me

Don't do it again.

Return to “Reviews”