Dave
We Test Kites

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Test Humanoid Howl kiteboarding boots

Postby Starsky » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:54 pm

"Overall we are convinced these boots will become a big hit. It full fills perfectly the needs of 90% of the riders who are interested in riding in boots."

That is if you like mint green! But seriously, you guys need to try a few more boots. First, absolutely all boots on the market attach to the board with two screws per boot that allow for simple angle adjustment. Secondly, there are feather light boots on the market by well known brands. Velcro is certainly not unique and neither is a low cut or flexible boot. So in the end there is nothing unique about these boots that cannot be found under other well known brands. Comparing them to straps is apples and oranges. Also not making any mention or comparison to any of the currently well used brands is a bit strange. It takes very little digging to learn that Ronix, Hyperlite, Liquid Force and Slingshot boots are common among kiters who ride boots. Airush also have a boot that is marketed as a kiting specific boot. Comparing products with these would be a great place to start.

The one issue that is certainly worth mention is durability. Ronix, generally regarded as the king of comfort and light weight are certainly not known for their durability, but others have put out boots that last an eternity. Its suspect to comment on the durability of a boot in a review based on its looks alone. Ronix look very well made and the breakdown shows only with time and use.

lumpy
Rare Poster
Local Beach: St Kilda, Melbourne
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: BEST/SU-2/Naish
Been thanked: 0

Postby lumpy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:08 am

"Humanoid is a wakeboard brand which produces the boots. There is not much to find on the internet on the Humanoid Howl what it’s made for related to kiteboarding. It seems to have some sort of connection the brand Best Kiteboarding. We guess Best see some major success coming with these boots and do not want to rule out any non-Best sponsored riders. The -smart- branding is comparable to for example Manera harnesses, which are directly linked to F-one. But again these are just guesses."

Hahaha, this is the most uneducated review I have ever seen. Btw, I am getting into reviewing cars now. Got my hands on the the new Porsche 911, it appears to be some sort of automobile. It has 4 wheels, 2 doors and on the inside another wheel that I think is for steering but again these are just wild guesses :rollgrin:

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards
Been thanked: 0

Postby sijandy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:58 am

lumpy wrote: Hahaha, this is the most uneducated review I have ever seen. Btw, I am getting into reviewing cars now. Got my hands on the the new Porsche 911, it appears to be some sort of automobile. It has 4 wheels, 2 doors and on the inside another wheel that I think is for steering but again these are just wild guesses :rollgrin:
Yeh it does come across like boots are some alien concept that's just arrived here on earth.

The Humanoid Howl boots are designed to be as close to straps as boots can be. It is definitely not mid-way between straps and (bigger) boots, more like 20% straps to 80 % (big)boot feeling.
And wtf is all this ^^^ bulls***. "As close to straps as can be" and "best of both worlds", what does that crap even mean lol... boots that come off sometimes when you crash? Allow board offs?

ps - anyone know where I can get some replacement o rings? :lol:

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:21 pm

It seems like they are trying to get strapped riders to buy boots...?
Suppose that is a much bigger market then people already using boots....

lol only one kilo more! This guy has obviously never strapped a kilogram weight to his board.
Okay fine, either have I but if I did I am sure I would notice it. :rollgrin:

Return to “Reviews”