Local Beach: Stagnone di Marsala
Gear: Rental - North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Where to ride 2 months this winter ?

Postby kepoui » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:17 am

Hey guys ,

I know there is plenty of topics about kite destinations sorted by month but I get a little lost and I need advices . So I am looking for a place to kite :

- From End-January until Mid-March
- Somewhere easy for beginner, Wind 10-25 Knots, Lagoon and possibility to move to an other more advanced spot
- Cheap cost of living , good food, lookging to rent a little flat
- Easily reacheable from western europe ( no Australia ) Asia , South America Okay

Peace

North_Wind
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rhosneigr
Big Bay, Cape Town
Style: cruising and jumping
Gear: Duotone

Re: Where to ride 2 months this winter ?

Postby North_Wind » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:59 am

Cape Town?

There is a lagoon at Langebaan -- it will be busy until mid February and then gets much more quiet and chilled. The seafront beaches are much more advanced and there are plenty to choose from. The great thing about Cape Town is there is so much else to do as well as kite: great food, world class wine; mountain-biking; road biking; wakeboard parks; nature reserves; cultural stuff in town …

Any questions just PM me.

BAwww.capetownkiteclub.com

Africa
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Muine Beach in Vietnam
Favorite Beaches: Muine Beach in Vietnam
Gear: Slingshot
Been thanked: 0

Re: Where to ride 2 months this winter ?

Postby Africa » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:59 am

What about Vietnam (Muine, Phan Thiet)? It`s the small quiet village with smooth wind about 10-25 knots for every day. There are a lot of really cheap guesthouses and hotels near the central beach Muine. The winter season start from december to february. So you can kite there until March
I visit Muine every winter for 5 years. And i recommend my farourite school "Africa". I can kite while my family chilling there. They have the air compressor right on the beach, comfortable kite landing area with a little lawn, shower, beach assistants and another useful things. It`s a really large station with nice lounge chilling area and hammock! Like this place so much :) If you need more information about the spot and kite in Muine, check http://africa-kiteschool.ru/en/ for more info.
Have a good day :)

Return to “Travel”