Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Rideengine and which spreader bar

Forum for kitesurfers
lsimoes
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Figueira da Foz, Foz do Arelho, Viana do Castelo, Nova Vaga, Guincho
Favorite Beaches: anything that have wind
Style: Wavesurf, freeride, freestyle
Gear: Naish Park, Pivot, Draft
Nobile twin-tip, North surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Rideengine and which spreader bar

Postby lsimoes » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:46 pm

Hello
I have both, slider bar and hook, for waves an freestyle.
The slider bar gives a free felling and helps ride the waves better, and the Dynema does suport long time use.
For freestyle, I sometimes use the slider, but it´s to unstable to jump high or to make tricks because sliding to the side in the middle of a trick it´s very dificult to control. but for this o change the hook, and it´s perfect.
Plus the Rider engine harness is great for the back, no matter the time you are in the water!!

kaioe
Rare Poster
Local Beach: capetown
Style: wave
Gear: 7m

Postby kaioe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:46 pm

well i´m happy with the combo rideengine and dynabar ...regarding the loctite and the screw ....first thing was that i tried to put some loctite but the screw is so tight (glued) it´s is impossible to open without destroying the srew´s head...

the only downside is the angle of the hook I bought the dynabar because of the unhooking option and it is pitty they are not working in this direction anymore ....unhooking is no problem but hooking back in, the hook is to far upward it would need to be bent down ....even on launching the kite if you are not using the chickenfinger you most likely be unhooked....

@jaystore ....any idea how to open my screw? did you put loctite from the factory ?
but more import. you guys think it is possible to bend the hook without breaking ? it seems to be a casted steel ...
I was thinking a welding torch could work but for this I have to dismount the screw....

I think the shape of the old hook was way better
dyna.jpg
dyna.jpg (9.39 KiB) Viewed 1989 times

SonnyRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
Favorite Beaches: So many. In no particular order - Outer Hebrides, Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal, Brazil, Barbados, Sardinia
Style: Strapless surfboard & strapless foiling
Gear: Airush Wave 7, 9, 10, Ultra v2's 7, 10, 14 and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds, 5.5, 7, 9, 12, Varial X 14m

Firewire Evo Helium 5'3" , Airush Converse 6'. Shinn Mega k carbon with a 75cm mast. Building a 120 carbon pocket board
Brand Affiliation: I like the build & ethics and kites from Airush. I've had Ozone, Liquid Force, PLKB, Flexifoil

Postby SonnyRider » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:27 pm

Poor hot water over the bolt/thread. This allows the loctite to soften, making removal easier.

I normally use a naked flame, but I'm worried some people might set fire to the harness, themselves, their home, other people. Don't use fire people it's dangerous :)

jaystore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rome
Brand Affiliation: JAY
Has thanked: 0

Postby jaystore » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:11 pm

kaioe wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:46 pm
well i´m happy with the combo rideengine and dynabar ...regarding the loctite and the screw ....first thing was that i tried to put some loctite but the screw is so tight (glued) it´s is impossible to open without destroying the srew´s head...

the only downside is the angle of the hook I bought the dynabar because of the unhooking option and it is pitty they are not working in this direction anymore ....unhooking is no problem but hooking back in, the hook is to far upward it would need to be bent down ....even on launching the kite if you are not using the chickenfinger you most likely be unhooked....

@jaystore ....any idea how to open my screw? did you put loctite from the factory ?
but more import. you guys think it is possible to bend the hook without breaking ? it seems to be a casted steel ...
I was thinking a welding torch could work but for this I have to dismount the screw....

I think the shape of the old hook was way better dyna.jpg
As explained by SonnyRider you have to warm up the metal around the screw thread to soften the Loctite.
On the last batch of DYNABAR we assembly the hook upside down as in the picture, the CL stays between the hook and pad also if you have low or no pull power.
You can also unhook quite easily :thumb:

kaioe
Rare Poster
Local Beach: capetown
Style: wave
Gear: 7m

Postby kaioe » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:58 pm

@jaystore thanks for the quick reply

Unhooking was never the problem ;-)
well you can see on the pictures that the angle for hooking back in is not good no matter how you put the hook but I gave it a try and put the hook in the other way ..I tested this for 2 days it kinda works (maybe in light constant wind it might be an option ..but at strong gusty wind that is to sketchy...)

I have to find a better solution for me ...I´m gonna bent the hook with a welding torch and hope it is not breaking.

on point I have to mention that the plastic what goes around the dynema is already broken after 10 days of use....see picture

It is really a pity you not gonna work on a better unhooking solution anymore. I know most of the people riding hooked in all the time anyway but than i can just put a rope and a ring what many companies offer now ...that is way cheaper...I hope you keep up your innovative path!
Attachments
IMG-20180118-WA0007_resized_20180119_072542171.jpg
IMG-20180118-WA0006_resized_20180119_072542452.jpg
IMG-20180118-WA0005_resized_20180119_072542919.jpg
IMG-20180118-WA0004_resized_20180119_072542680.jpg

SonnyRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
Favorite Beaches: So many. In no particular order - Outer Hebrides, Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal, Brazil, Barbados, Sardinia
Style: Strapless surfboard & strapless foiling
Gear: Airush Wave 7, 9, 10, Ultra v2's 7, 10, 14 and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds, 5.5, 7, 9, 12, Varial X 14m

Firewire Evo Helium 5'3" , Airush Converse 6'. Shinn Mega k carbon with a 75cm mast. Building a 120 carbon pocket board
Brand Affiliation: I like the build & ethics and kites from Airush. I've had Ozone, Liquid Force, PLKB, Flexifoil

Postby SonnyRider » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:38 pm

That plastic always breaks, You could use some fine sand paper or some wire wool to smooth off the hole, then the dynema will not find a 'sharp edge'. Basically give those holes a chamfer edge and all will be good :-)

Return to “Kitesurfing”