Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Who makes the best kite boards straps?

Forum for kitesurfers
Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Who makes the best kite boards straps?

Postby Peter_Frank » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:23 pm

rynhardt wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:08 pm
Yeah we should get Toby to rename the "Kitesurfing" forum to "Non-hydrofoil", so that all the Hydrofoil stuff can go in its own forum :rollgrin:

But noone has talked about hydrofoil stuff anywhere in this thread ?

8) PF

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:46 pm

For directional straps try the NSI skinny ones. Flexible, comfortable, easy to adjust & durable.

rynhardt
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Langebaan
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cloud C2 17
Hoff Twinwave

Postby rynhardt » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:43 pm

Peter_Frank wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:23 pm
rynhardt wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:08 pm
Yeah we should get Toby to rename the "Kitesurfing" forum to "Non-hydrofoil", so that all the Hydrofoil stuff can go in its own forum :rollgrin:

But noone has talked about hydrofoil stuff anywhere in this thread ?

8) PF
Exactly.

I suspect that hydrofoil requirements are unique enough that the OP would have posted in that forum if that was the intent. Ergo, his post must then by process of elimination pertain more to the non hydrofoil boards.
Specifically TT is my guess, since surfboard or raceboard riders generally announce their board preferences quite vocally :D

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:00 pm

Aaah, I see and get that.

Have ridden surf and waveboards more than the last 10 years, almost solely.

And around here waveboards and other directionals are by far the most common out, so thats why it isnt as evident - but I guess you are right, maybe the major part (at least those not out that often as a lot more wind is needed) still ride TT's yes :D

So those NOT talking about TT's, would have written that, agree, my mistake.

8) Peter

hassan2005
Rare Poster
Local Beach: soul kitecenter,ras sudr,egypt
Favorite Beaches: tarifa,gouna,ras sudr
Style: freestyle and bigair
Gear: cabrihna ace wood 2019 cabrihna switchblade h2o straps mystic majestic harness
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby hassan2005 » Sun May 26, 2019 11:48 pm

my favourite is the cabrihna h2o straps they never come off and they feel like boots if u want them to but they are extremely comfy pluse they have all of the advantages of strap

gator1
Medium Poster
Gear: TT, surfboard

Postby gator1 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:59 am

Used the Carbrinha Sync, H1 and H2. H2 is way better and secure than the H20 in my opinion, very snug and no movement.

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Tue May 28, 2019 6:57 pm

gator1 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:59 am
Used the Carbrinha Sync, H1 and H2. H2 is way better and secure than the H20 in my opinion, very snug and no movement.
gator1, have you actually used the H2O? It just came out for 2019. I found the H2O to be really nice and hold very secure. Part of that reason is b/c the bungee strap under the bottom of the binding. It'll allow you to make the straps tight enough to be secure while riding, but will stretch a little to allow you to wiggle your feet into them when getting on the board. They are just about as adjustable as any pad/strap combo that I have yet seen and very accepting of different sizes of feet.

As far as those Litewave Sandal Bindings (technically known as the FLS (Foot Lock System)), I'm sad to say that Litewave no longer offers these. An issue with the factory that made them has caused their demise. :cry: :cry: I like them enough that I just pulled them off my used board, put them on my new board, and sold the used board to someone with new bindings on it. When they finally die, it may get replaced with the H2O. Time will tell.

SENDIT!

gator1
Medium Poster
Gear: TT, surfboard

Postby gator1 » Wed May 29, 2019 6:36 am

SENDIT! wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:57 pm
gator1 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:59 am
gator1, have you actually used the H2O? It just came out for 2019. I found the H2O to be really nice and hold very secure. Part of that reason is b/c the bungee strap under the bottom of the binding. It'll allow you to make the straps tight enough to be secure while riding, but will stretch a little to allow you to wiggle your feet into them when getting on the board. They are just about as adjustable as any pad/strap combo that I have yet seen and very accepting of different sizes of feet.

As far as those Litewave Sandal Bindings (technically known as the FLS (Foot Lock System)), I'm sad to say that Litewave no longer offers these. An issue with the factory that made them has caused their demise. :cry: :cry: I like them enough that I just pulled them off my used board, put them on my new board, and sold the used board to someone with new bindings on it. When they finally die, it may get replaced with the H2O. Time will tell.

SENDIT!

Of course I used the h20, they came out 2018 with the 2019 season gear. Everyone I know who used the H2 know say similar things. The h20 look good and are very adjustable but not as secure as the H2. You've probably not tried the H2, the velcro tabs are twice the size as the h2o ones so you can really lock in your foot.

I found even when I did the h2o's tight, there was too much movement. In the old H2 you can adjust the width of the straps making them wider or more narrow using screws, the width is fixed on the h2o.

H2 are backless bindings. H2O are footstraps.

Seems are companies are making things that look better vs performance. Slingshot joint binding being discontinued as well.

Naish Apex are similar to the H2, not very good looking but look what company is winning the King of the air.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Wed May 29, 2019 6:49 am

Try Naish Apex and it will blow your mind for a comfort and snug fit unless these two aren't important for you!

Return to “Kitesurfing”