Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

You love it - SUP and kite shop in Dusseldorf - Do not buy!

Forum for kitesurfers
Onda
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Baltic Sea / North Sea (Germany)
Favorite Beaches: Wijk aan Zee (NL)
Ouddorp (NL)
Norre Vorupor (DK)
Heiligenhafen (DE)
Style: strictly unstrapped, mainly foiling
Gear: Slingshot / Infexion / Alpine / F-One / CORE / Firewire / Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: You love it - SUP and kite shop in Dusseldorf - Do not buy!

Postby Onda » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:37 am

I live near this shop and have been in the shop quite some times now.
It is a real shop (no fraud / fake). However, the whole admin is rather chaotic (partly based on paper notes which are flying around the counter...) and the team seems to be overloaded with online orders. They´ve installed additional staff recently.
I think they don´t do any bad things on purpose, but they´re simply overstrained with too many sales. Buying "offline" in the shop is fine.

jkite231
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Isla Blanca, Mexico
Hurghada, Egypt
Paje, Zanzibar
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby jkite231 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:20 pm

I had similar bad experience as the OP. Ordered a wetsuit and waited over 2 months. After numerous calls and emails they finally offered to send me an alternative wetsuit, different brand and color. It did not fit and is now collecting dust in my locker. Be very careful when ordering, especially if you need something delivered fast. They are very unprofessional and probably have less than 5% of the goods actually in stock.

BenBen
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Northern Germany
Gear: Slingshot Rally, Naish Pivot, Airush Lithium, Crazyfly Raptor

Postby BenBen » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:58 pm

I ordered there a few times.

Yes, sometimes they don't have the stuff - they always offered me newer and material for the same price. But I bet it's more like 5% that isn't in stock than the other way round. You could write an email before you order, if you 've got the time.
Yes, sometimes it takes a week or two to get your stuff. I knew that before I ordered.
Yes, returning stuff takes longer than usual, too.

But I the end I always got the stuff (or even newer/better material) and/or got my money back. And they offered the best prices by far. Would I order again? Yes. Cause the price and the way they managed to make me happy even though they had their problems, are good enough arguments for me to wait a little longer. If I d need it fast I d take a different mailorder. There s plenty of fast and good shops. So the choice is yours.

apollo4000
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Camber / Lancing / Whitstable
Favorite Beaches: The next one
Style: trying hard
Gear: All sorts
Brand Affiliation: Nope. Just a regular Joe.

Postby apollo4000 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Had a lucky eascape. Wouldn’t touch with a barge pole. I try and buy local now where possible as it helps to sustain the local kite scene. If you don’t support your local folk they’ll be gone and you’ll miss them....

Don’t mention the VAR....(it’s a football gag....)

Demy182
Rare Poster
Local Beach: puntapellaro
Gear: switch legacy
Been thanked: 0

Postby Demy182 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:12 am

write them in Italian, it worked with me :lol: :lol: :lol:

K-Roy
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton
Taiba, Brasil
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco to Jeri
Style: strapless SB & strapless FB
Gear: Fone Bandit X, XII, Breeze V2. and Diablo V.1
FW Vader, OR Duke, Mitu Pro, Fone foil
Brand Affiliation: Fone brand Ambassador

Postby K-Roy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:11 am

K-Roy wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:15 pm
my wife ordered an impact west from them last week, not because it was cheap (98Euro) but coz she liked the modell. next day message "parcell is on its way"
on day three another message " the item is out of stock"
i sent them an e-mail on Friday, now waiting for riplay...

:-?
yesterday we received the order.
originally ordered the 2017 model and since it was out of stock the shop sent us the 2018 model no extra charge...
because of the reasons mentioned above, it was 3 weeks from order to delivery.

cheers

bouclette
Rare Poster
Gear: Too many
Been thanked: 0

Postby bouclette » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:31 pm

Having the same issue with Lonasport. Ordered a bar a month ago and had no coms whasoever. I tried emails and phone but their phone line is off and emails are un answered.
Hopefull it'll get delivered at some point but it is extremely frustrating.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:06 pm

bouclette wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:31 pm
Having the same issue with Lonasport. Ordered a bar a month ago and had no coms whasoever. I tried emails and phone but their phone line is off and emails are un answered.
Hopefull it'll get delivered at some point but it is extremely frustrating.
Well for me, 1 month with no communication would lead to 1 email and 1 phone message stating I will do a CC charge-back unless I get satisfiable feedback within 2 days.

RalfsB
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Beaches close to Riga, Latvia
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Ozone, Naish, HQ4, Gin; Boards: Gong and Alpine foil, Machado Moonbeam, a bunch of boards that I shaped

Postby RalfsB » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:32 pm

I just had a very positive experience with the you-love-it shop, ordered a new kite, it was shipped on the next day and to my surprise the shipping price (within EU) was included in the kite's price. Also communication was great, they emailed me when they started processing the order and when they shipped it.

muitomaluco
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Neusiedlersee
Gear: North Evo 6m2, North Rebel 7, 9, North Neo 9, Naish Trip 10m, GA Pure 7, 12
Board: RL-Splitboard, F-One Traxx, Naish Monarch, Liquid force happy foil, Slingshot Space Skate, Slingshot Waveboard, Flysurfer Viron 4m

Postby muitomaluco » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:38 pm

My experience: Cheap but chaotic shop. Don´t expect any service, don´t expect fast delivery, don´t expect any after sales service, don´t expect the delivery to be always complete, don´t expect them to answer any email after purchasing and paying something.

You can buy there if you want the cheapest price available. Sometimes they are houndreds of Euros cheaper than the other shops. You can send them an email and ask for a price, and most probably you´ll get the cheapest one available.
Delivery: You can be lucky and get what you want in 5 days, or you mite have a board get delivered with wrong fins and wait for the right ones for 2 months. I just got a foil delivered without the attachment to the board and a dent in one mast of the mastset. I´m pretty sure we will sort that out within the next 5 months... ;-) I´ll just get the foil attachment right now from another shop to be able to use the foil. I knew this mite happen, and fell for the price again. If you´re in a rush and want something sorted out: Call them! In my experience the only way to sort out things... You also can have the WhatsApp of Gerrit the boss, but, i did sent some 10 messages and called until I got an answer last year... ;-) In the end I got way better fins than the original ones and a 40€ voucher for the hassle, so they do try to do their best but sometimes their best is really slow... So if you´re a lucky guy, got time or have to get the best prices couse you´re not rich: don´t worry buying. If you´wan´t things to work hasslefree, you don´t have time and want things fast and 100% reliable: Order with another shop!Its sad couse I really appreciate their effort to sell for the best price.

Return to “Kitesurfing”