Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Switch Lineup

Forum for kitesurfers
Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Switch Lineup

Postby Faxie » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:14 pm

Upwind of the E6 is just fine. Nothing groundbreaking, just average or maybe a bit better.

I got myself an 8m Legacy V2 to complete my C-quiver before the Legacy's gonna be replaced with the Krypto. The site says 'overstock' but I think there's not gonna be any new stock. Almost all sizes are sold out now.

tomato
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sweden
Style: faceplant!!!
Gear: old

Postby tomato » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm

_Jakobie wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:25 am
Im 100kg with wet gear and I ride a TT 140x42, got the H3 16, had the H2 15.5 before.
I can use the H3 down to around 10kn, not feeling any lag of power. :D
thanks for advice. I am an owner of 16m H3 now :)

Feels very light weight, well made. Turns fast, almost comparable to my 2015 Nobile T5 12m. Have been riding 2 days now, first time overpowered, another underpowered. Launch, relaunch was fine. Very happy with it.

Only one thing- Tried 2 times self landing- after getting close to the ground, putting on one wing tip, pulling upper power line to down the kite works well with my other kites, but H3 does not want to land . it lands, but keep standing on both wing tips facing wind top elevated until some gusts come, lifts the kite. Then I have to pull QR. Anyone experience better ways to land it?

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:45 pm

tomato wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm
_Jakobie wrote:
Im 100kg with wet gear and I ride a TT 140x42, got the H3 16, had the H2 15.5 before.

Feels very light weight, well made. Turns fast, almost comparable to my 2015 Nobile T5 12m. Have been riding 2 days now, first time overpowered, another underpowered. Launch, relaunch was fine. Very happy with it.

Only one thing- Tried 2 times self landing- after getting close to the ground, putting on one wing tip, pulling upper power line to down the kite works well with my other kites, but H3 does not want to land . it lands, but keep standing on both wing tips facing wind top elevated until some gusts come, lifts the kite. Then I have to pull QR. Anyone experience better ways to land it?
That method works better with bow/delta shapes.

Methods that work with C shapes/squared tips are -using a hook -put it on wingtip, take lower frontline and walk up to the kite (good high wind method too btw) -put the kite at the edge 2-3m above the ground, dive it down and pull hard on the upper front line. kite will pivot and land on the LE (works better in lighter winds)

_Jakobie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: North shores, Denmark
Gear: Switch gear. 9+12M Nitro6, 9+12m Element6, 16m Helium3, Brunotti Youri Zoon 140x43 2017, SP straps.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby _Jakobie » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:22 pm

Actully thats the way I did land my H3 a couple of times last session when every one was on the water.
Worked very well, dont know if you are doing it slow or fast.

I do not recommend landing the kite this way, always get someone to help, but if its not possible I usully get the kite down to touch with one wingtip and then quickly put hard and fast on the other "center line" to make the kite go down. Havent tryed the wind taking it up again or that the kite was dancing around..

Just like Faxie says. When using a spear I hook the kite up and softly holding the other center line when walking towards the kite. Reverse when launching by myself.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:56 pm

tomato wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm
_Jakobie wrote:

Can't say this is definitely the cause as I haven't tried the H3 but usually the trick is to make sure the pull is from an upwind direction. I.e. you have to kind of walk (briskly) upwind just as you start pulling the front lines.

GTC
Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish

Postby GTC » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi there,
Here is my positive experience with Switch about a warranty issue. In a perfect world this should be a normal procedure and I wouldn't post it here, but sadly most companies forget their customers once the sale has been made.

2 months ago I ordered an Element 6. After flying it only 3 times, the kite leaked air and couldn't hold the right pressure for more than 10 minutes. As a result of this, the flying performance was a total crap: 0 upwind ability and slow turning speed.

I contacted Switch support via email. After 20 minutes, Felix Pivec answered me and offered a full set of bladders. No silly questions, pictures or BS.
The only information he asked for was the model, size and delivery address.

Regards

icedub
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lake Champlain, Vermont
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switch Element v4: 5m, 7m
Switch Element v6: 9m, 12m
Boards: Axis Division TT and Homemade Shinnster "The Spinster"
Has thanked: 0

Postby icedub » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:46 pm

GTC wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:33 pm
2 months ago I ordered an Element 6. After flying it only 3 times, the kite leaked air and couldn't hold the right pressure for more than 10 minutes.
Interesting! I bought a brand new Element v6 12 meter and on first pump up, there was a fast leak in the last (small) strut. After some back and fourth, Felix priority mailed a new strut at no charge. I was a bit miffed that I had to make a repair on a new kite, but the customer service was excellent and I've used the kite non stop all summer. It's a great ride!

Rojbrown
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Weight: 190lbs
Local Beach: Lake Mojave boat launch
Favorite Beaches: Lake Mohave AZ
SPI
Union Island
Style: Intermediate surf/beginner foil
Gear: Switch Helium 8/12/16
Hyperlink V1 12

Postby Rojbrown » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:17 am

Interesting! I pumped up my 16m H3 for the second time today. It lost air quickly! I hadn't crashed it last session and raved here on another thread what a wonderful session it had been. I boat launch so didn't have the opportunity to problem solve. More to come.....

WindJunkieFL
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Weight: 165
Local Beach: Jacksonville Beach
Favorite Beaches: Caye Caulker Belize
Sunshine Skyway Bridge Florida
Style: Free rider
Gear: 13m Cabrinha Contra
11m Cabrinha Switchblade
11m Cabrinha AV8
9m Cabrinha Velocity
8m North Orbit
CrazyFly Raptor
CrazyFly Cruiser LW

Postby WindJunkieFL » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:39 pm

Rojbrown wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:17 am
Interesting! I pumped up my 16m H3 for the second time today. It lost air quickly! I hadn't crashed it last session and raved here on another thread what a wonderful session it had been. I boat launch so didn't have the opportunity to problem solve. More to come.....
Yes, please report back. Even if faulty, being a new kite, I imagine Switch should give you no hassle in an exchange. I've been intrigued by the H3 in that exact size. I've been on the fence between a Cabrinha Contra 17m and H3 16m. I'm leaning toward a new Contra because I've always owned them and know they're great kites, but I also want to try something new.

Rojbrown
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Weight: 190lbs
Local Beach: Lake Mojave boat launch
Favorite Beaches: Lake Mohave AZ
SPI
Union Island
Style: Intermediate surf/beginner foil
Gear: Switch Helium 8/12/16
Hyperlink V1 12

Postby Rojbrown » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:01 am

Inflated kite today at home. Isolated leak to a strut valve area with soapy water. It's not a small leak and the strut lost pressure quickly. Emailing Switchkites was not easy as the website link to email didn't function. Found an email address under the warranty tab. Will see what they respond with. Again, more to follow....

Return to “Kitesurfing”