Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

slingshot fuel 2002

Forum for kitesurfers
pagrus
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby pagrus » Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:00 am

Has anyone flown the new fuels in either the 14 or 16.0m models. Slingshot reckon the 14 is the equivalent of an 11.8 airblast, but others say that they measure their kites the same as naish, and in that case it would only be slightly bigger than a 10.0m airblast. Also, if you have flown either of these fuels, then are they faster or as fast as the 11.8 airblast or 16.0m north?

KITEPROSHOP.com
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby KITEPROSHOP.com » Sun Mar 03, 2002 3:33 pm

Hi,

Slingshot uses the same sizing concept as Naish. The "Surface Area" is the total size of a kite when layed out at the ground.
Wipika, Cabrinha and Takoon use the projected area. If you multiply the projected area time 1.36 you will have the surface area.
You can go to our site and click on the company your are interested in and you will see in a tab the size and surface area.

REALkiteboardingPR
Rare Poster

Postby REALkiteboardingPR » Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:22 pm

just tried the 12m 2002 fuel in 22kts on a wake and it feels better that the North, lots of pop and realy good glide,Very responsive on the chicken loop and fast.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:58 pm

I will test the Slingshot kites end of April at the Testival "King of the Coast", Germany.
I will let you guys know how it flies (if there is wind!)

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:28 pm

I Have an entire 2002 SlingShot Fuel Quiver consisting of an 8m, 10m, 12m, 14m, 16m, and the 18m. I am MOST pleased with them all...aside from the fact that I can hardly hang onto the 18 in 12 knots or more....it's more of a BIG GUYS kite rather than a Super lightwind kite. If you are under 200 lbs, I wouldn't recommend using the 18. More info may be found at http://www.tampabaykitesurf.com
Once there, if you want or need further info, feel free to contact the webmaster(me) of the site.

Johnny
http://www.tampabaykitesurf.com

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:31 pm

Hi Johnny,

can you compare the lift of the Slingshots to e.g. Rhino and ARX?

thx
Toby

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:49 pm

Flew the Rhino's a while back. It's been a while, so comparing it would be difficult, but I DO recall that when I flew the RHino, I fealt like I was flying any other kite...as opposed to when I first layed my hands on the 2002 SlingShots. WOW! They were like the second coming of Christ to me. IMPRESSIVE to say the least. I was so impressed in fact, that I started telling people how great they were, SO MUCH, that people started thinking I was being paid to promote them. UNTRUE that is. I LOVE THESE KITES! I swear by them. I am willing to let anyone who can get to me here demo ANY size of them that they wish.

As far as the Aero's...well, I've always been pretty satisfied with my Naish kites, but, in my opinion, they aren't SlingShots by a longshot!

If at all possible, I highly recommend to people that are wanting a new kite to at LEAST try the SlingShots, just to see for themselves what they are capable of.

Team TampaBay Kitesurf took first place in the Big Air/Hangtime contest in Islamorada on SlingShot kites. If memory serves, I think SlingShot kites captured 2nd as well with a Naish Aero taking 3rd.

Johnny
http://www.tampabaykitesurf.com

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:15 pm

sounds cool.
I will test it soon.

Are you using Slingshots for your schools?
I saw your school info on kiteschools.com but this info was missing.

Cheers
Toby

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:20 pm

YA MON! We try to use SlingShots exclusively in my school, but we do still have a few small Naish Kites laying around that get used from time to time when we are super swampped.
My theory is that if people are trying to learn on what, in my personal opinion, are the best kites made, then their learning curve will be much faster.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:43 pm

I do agree with you!