Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What it is All About - Beautyiful

Forum for kitesurfers
EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:13 pm

I know I cant spell but if you read this you'll hopefully appreiciate the sheer beauty of my experience yesterday.

I live in the UK where things are not considered to be the most beautiful for kiting. But consider this.

You arrive to your local spot one morning and the sun s out, you have a massive yellow sand flat beach in front of you and visability is 40 + km. The water is slight and the wind is blowing a nice 12 knts on shore.

Kite gets unpacked after the usual hello's and excitement. Readyto hit the water to practise the low wind tricks, toe side transitions are abundant and to be honest, they were my first.

I'm happy, in tune with the kite and the wind, and I look to the distance while cruising along one handed and see a sight meant for africa, not exactly liverpool.

I see a Swarm , of seabirds communing at the waters edge, and something I did, disturbed them.

The next minute, I was riding alongside no less than 300 or so launching seabirds which were flying a foot off the surface of the water. cruising along in parallel, I felt happy. Happier than I've felt in a long time.

For me, thats what its all about.

Ride Safe.

The rocket.

Mo
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The KiteHouse _ North Marina _ Liban Nord
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan, Ras Sudr
Style: Freestyle
Gear: DTK Mono 2020 15m, 2020 Mono 11m, 2022 Rebel SLS 12m, 2022 Rebel SLS 10m, 2021 Neo SLS 9m, 2020 Dice 9m, 2022 Dice 8m, 2022 Dice 7m, 2022 Neo SLS 5m
Brand Affiliation: Duotone

Postby Mo » Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:25 pm

Looks to be nice experience in the wilderness of UK.

My similar best feeling when I cruise peacefully in 12-13 knots with a deep 100%visible sea waters. You can enjoy the cruising while looking directly under you and you see fish, sands, and mysteries of the underwater world.

Fly hi,
Mo

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Mon Nov 11, 2002 1:01 pm

i wish i had both!

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BigSmelly » Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:22 pm

Yep, a few weekends ago the sea was really clear. It makes such a difference... Great feling.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:34 pm

exactly how I felt while riding in Egypt close to the sandbar. clear water, warm water, blue, sun, no clouds, warm air.
That's why I can't go on the water here nowadays because the memory is so fresh and would be disturbed by dark water, grey sky, water and air f****** cold, with mask, gloves, thick neo, shoes, etc

:wink:

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BigSmelly » Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:46 pm

You boys up there in Europe (Central and North) have muchos grandes kahunas :grin: Or maybe you are just so fucking adicted, that you forget about the cold. Either way, I just want to say - NAH NEH NEH NAAAAAH - I think I might need some sort of 3mm vest next time, just to keep the chill off me chest :grin:

Much respect to all you frozen fun lovers!

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Mon Nov 11, 2002 3:15 pm

this lilpost was just to show you mediteranian guys - except smelly who isnt a medi-that the northern places can hol just as much wonder in a different way.

masriach - shack li ba tusik ya ben elef!

Return to “Kitesurfing”