Response From a Take the Tech Out Tester

Forum for kitesurfers
westcoastkiteboarding
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby westcoastkiteboarding » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:34 pm

No, I do not have a corporate sponsor that is preventing me from saying anything. It is not my place to say which kite was the better than another. Don't people understand that you can have fun on any kite out there? There were no kites that I disliked.

My favorite kite right now, the one I am choosing to ride over others? A 20 meter Liquid Force M-80. However, all the kites from the test were good kites, there are none that I would advise people not to buy. Please, now go down to the beach and do some riding!
Last edited by westcoastkiteboarding on Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiterfighter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterfighter » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:35 pm

Well Paul, were waiting... which one did you dislike and why? Or are they all "equally superior". :lol:

No wind=grumpy kiters.

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:21 pm

For lightwind, most people want the smallest kite possible that gets them upwind in the bugfarts. It's not that hard to judge, just see which kite can consistantly stay upwind better on similar boards.

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:25 pm

westcoastkiteboarding wrote:No, I do not have a corporate sponsor that is preventing me from saying anything. It is not my place to say which kite was the better than another. Don't people understand that you can have fun on any kite out there? There were no kites that I disliked.

My favorite kite right now, the one I am choosing to ride over others? A 20 meter Liquid Force M-80. However, all the kites from the test were good kites, there are none that I would advise people not to buy. Please, now go down to the beach and do some riding!
Just a heads-up,

This is "our" user forum, overt pimp patter pleases no one; be a sport and get a fucking clue.

We don't give a f*** about you just wanting to get along, we want the info.

Either stut the f*** up or give us the info.

F-en pimps are bad enough but a preachy pimp is well beyond offensive.

To be clear f***-off with your "P/C" bulshit.

Thanks for your kind attention
fo

westcoastkiteboarding
Rare Poster

Postby westcoastkiteboarding » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:33 pm

I can't believe this! First I get attacked for not saying what my favorite kite is; now I do and I get accused of pimping. What pimping did I do? I honestly stated what kite I am currently flying.

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:38 pm

westcoastkiteboarding wrote:I can't believe this! First I get attacked for not saying what my favorite kite is; now I do and I get accused of pimping. What pimping did I do? I honestly stated what kite I am currently flying.
and it was about time.

Now why do feel it is/was superior to say the speed?

Thanks
fo

MikeDobell
Medium Poster

Postby MikeDobell » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:40 pm

I wouldnt worry about it westcoast. ive never seen "fo" post anything of remotly useful to me EVER. thanks for the positivity anyway, this forum is filled with a lot of people who have sadly forgotten why they kite and how to have a good time... there are other more productive forums out there anyway. cheers.

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:44 pm

MikeDobell wrote:I wouldnt worry about it westcoast. ive never seen "fo" post anything of remotly useful to me EVER. thanks for the positivity anyway, this forum is filled with a lot of people who have sadly forgotten why they kite and how to have a good time... there are other more productive forums out there anyway. cheers.
Just a heads up mikey,

We don't give a f*** about your positiviy about his positivity either.

So let's hear it westcoast what's the scoop on the kites.

Thanks
fo

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:05 pm

Thanks for your input Paul. It is good to hear an indepth view of a participant. Folks should read over the original announcement that Toby put up about the event in June. I was able to checkout the article last night. It looks to me that it delivered exactly what was stated upfront two months before the event in Toby's post!

People get preconcieved notions of what the event will deliver, should deliver, whatever. The event delivered what it said it would deliver. So where is the fault?

This stuff is not easy to put on and represents a lot of work for Ryan, Marina and the KB Mag. crew, Toby & Kiteforum and all the rest including the manufacturers and testers that made this possible. I am not aware of many/any gear tests in kiteboarding and windsurfing that weren't without strong and weak points.

When something like this is suggested and described and if you have some good ideas for an alternate approach get in touch with the organizers and pitch your ideas. Trying to trash a completed hard to pull off effort after the fact is bogus. Nobody made megabucks out of this event. It was something fun and informative that KB Mag and Kiteforum pulled together. Give credit where credit is due. If you have ideas for next time, IF there is a next time (the BS comments to this point might talk them out of expending all the hard work and sweat to organize more), pitch them tactfully upfront.

Well done guys that brainstormed and worked to put this together and thanks for all the input by the testers AND in mosquito sneeze winds too!
Last edited by RickI on Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider
Medium Poster

Postby Raider » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

U DA MAN FO!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”