Forum for kitesurfers
tomhubboater
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Caution Spitfire 3 - 8 + 12m2

Postby tomhubboater » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:36 am

hi,

I do really need your advice - since not so much info is shared on the web reg. the spitfires 3.

I ve just purchased 8+12m2 spitfires with a 4-line bar but would like to replace it with a 5 line setup. I expect it will also influence the depower behaviour.
Seems not to be easy to get hold of the original bar ... although it should be similar to the north 5-element.

1st - which size does fit for both kites ->
I would assume 50-55 cm should be ok ?
60cm also fine ?

2nd - would my 60cm RRD full depower bar fit to the set ? hmm...

3rd - can I get a 5th line update from caution for the 4-line bar ?

I would not like to mess around with the bar too long - more important to be out in the surf.

Any other info you can share with me which would be of help ?

many tx & regards
thomas

NeverTouchGround
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby NeverTouchGround » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:24 pm

I have a 10m Spitfire with the 4-line bar. Caution use to have a 5-line upgrade kit but I don't think you can find it anymore.
I have the plans of the upgrade (was on their web site - not anymore) in PDF format and if you're interested I can e-mail them to you. Very easy task, you can do it by yourself or have your local shop make it for you.
About the performance .... don't know. I wanted to do it but I'm a little bit lazy during the summers :roll: :roll: ...

VOMKB
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force

Re: Caution Spitfire 3 - 8 + 12m2

Postby VOMKB » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:48 am

tomhubboater wrote:hi,

I do really need your advice - since not so much info is shared on the web reg. the spitfires 3.

I ve just purchased 8+12m2 spitfires with a 4-line bar but would like to replace it with a 5 line setup. I expect it will also influence the depower behaviour.
Seems not to be easy to get hold of the original bar ... although it should be similar to the north 5-element.

1st - which size does fit for both kites ->
I would assume 50-55 cm should be ok ?
60cm also fine ?

2nd - would my 60cm RRD full depower bar fit to the set ? hmm...

3rd - can I get a 5th line update from caution for the 4-line bar ?

I would not like to mess around with the bar too long - more important to be out in the surf.

Any other info you can share with me which would be of help ?

many tx & regards
thomas
I cannot help you with the other bars. However, the bar for the Spitfire 3s is different from the Spitfire 2, which had the option to install a fifth line that was an add-on accessory. If you need the manual for the 5th line for a 2005 bar, you can find it at the following address: Caution Manuals. If you need an original bar for the Spitfire 3 or a 2005 fifth line set, please email me directly to my email that you can find in my profile.

Jaime

tomhubboater
Rare Poster

tx for the feedback !

Postby tomhubboater » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:41 am

tx for the feedback ....

cheers
thomas

VOMKB
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force

Re: tx for the feedback !

Postby VOMKB » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:34 am

Thomas,

I have emailed you a few times the last couple of days, and all the emails bounce back from the email address you contacted me from. Is there another address from which you can email me?

Jaime

Return to “Kitesurfing”