Low end, my old 12m C vs new 9m Bows

Forum for kitesurfers
Bozo
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Low end, my old 12m C vs new 9m Bows

Postby Bozo » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:00 am

Thinking of purchasing a replacement kite (or maybe complimentary?)

Right now I'm riding a 12m 2005 OR Bronco.

I'm just wondering how a 9m 2007 bow kite (probably waroo) is gonna compare for low end.

Also how much improved is the turning speed gonna be? Sometimes I feel like I really need to work the kite to get it to sine in light wind but I have nothing to compare it too, will it be a big difference?

Thanks for the help.

chumbawamba
Frequent Poster

Postby chumbawamba » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:23 am

hey bozo....

funny way to start a conversation calling someone 'bozo'...

i think you should get either the helix or the monsoonz... if you are still planning to have a more "c" feeling, than the helix would be the one.... not sure about the size... maybe 1 size smaller than the 12m.... i tried a 14m....

if you are looking into a bow, than the monsoonz ultra flat by wind-x would be a good option.... 10m should give you a one kite quiver for most of the season.....

if you are looking at cab, you might not like the contra as you are a "c" rider... try getting the x-bows or switchblades..... not sure about the waroos but i heard that the 07s are better than the 06s.... the 06s had some problems but how true is that, i'm not so sure.....

posted a review: phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2341902 comparing the helix, monsoonz and contra...

naishkiter10882
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: napeague, ny
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby naishkiter10882 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:18 pm

so far ive been riding 2004 nish boxer 2005 torch 2006 torch and 2007 torch.. i wanted to try something new so i got a waroo. it has good low end but it inverted on me after 4 hours. than i went on the ocean for waves and that was pretty good too.

I liked the waroo not as much as my torches but it still has bob lift and low end power but its not as good as a torch. unhooking is fine though

windlex
Medium Poster

Postby windlex » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:12 pm

My go to C kite for the more common 13 - 20 knot winds was a 13m fuel. I replaced it with 12m Turbo Deisel which seemed to have the same low end and a higher high end. I got a 9m T2 to complement the 12m Turbo. After 2 months with both kites it became apparent that the 9 T2 had almost the same low end as the 12 Turbo and I have since traded in the 12 on a 14 T2 for light winds. Bottom line is I now have a 9 bow as a go to kite for most conditions where I used to use a 13 C. The T2's are a much flatter bows than the Turbos and are a great kite in every aspect, imo. Don't know but there may be a similar progression with other Bows like the Waroo and the Cabrinhas, or maybe Slingshot has just oversized the T2s?

islandstylen
Very Frequent Poster

sb2

Postby islandstylen » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:16 pm

Cab's 10M Switchblade 2 is a sick kite, will easily have grunt of your 12m bronco. if you are looking for a used kite. If a new kite, SwitchBlade3 10M should be nicer still, cant wait for my 3's. I only sold my SB2's due to breaking my leg!
Obviously see if someone at your local will give you a blast.
I had a 10 and 14 last season and rode mostly the 10, going up wind with other guys on 12s or so. i weight 170lbs
Definately had way more grunt than the 11m waroo 07! the local best rider was off the water looking for a bigger kite way before me and he is alot smaller.

http://www.caribbeankitesurfari.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”