Forum for kitesurfers
Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kitedude » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:20 pm

their is justice after all.

we have had that problem for years with all products.

oer here the likes of apple etc just swop out the dollar sign for a euro one.

so a 250 dollar ipod becomes a 250 euro one :(
at 850 usd its still cheaper than the euor price which is 666 euro = 924 usd

Bvok
Rare Poster

Postby Bvok » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:11 pm

Dwight wrote:Did you guys here the new price of the 666 is the US? $850.00

Somebody at Nobile is insane!

Just because the US dollar is worthless against the Euro, doesn't mean you can rape us. Other brands just make less money when selling in the US.

I will not pay these prices!

Cancel the board bag if you must, just lower that crazy price.
$850 is cheaper than the UK retail price of £499 which is roughly $1000 USD. $850 USD seems like a good price to me! lol

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:48 pm

Bvok wrote:
Dwight wrote:Did you guys here the new price of the 666 is the US? $850.00

Somebody at Nobile is insane!

Just because the US dollar is worthless against the Euro, doesn't mean you can rape us. Other brands just make less money when selling in the US.

I will not pay these prices!

Cancel the board bag if you must, just lower that crazy price.
$850 is cheaper than the UK retail price of £499 which is roughly $1000 USD. $850 USD seems like a good price to me! lol
What do you pay for other major brands. We pay $700 for most brands. You pay too much.

briansuntrax
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Dolphin Beach, Tableview.
Golfinho hotel, Cumbuco.
Favorite Beaches: Dolphin Beach.
Cumbuco, upwind of Golfinho hotel.
Taiba to Paracaru downwinder.
Rede beach at low tide.
NOT Cauipe
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish Dash and Pivots - Monarch TT.
Brand Affiliation: Owner Suntrax - Importer Naish Kitesuf South Africa.

Postby briansuntrax » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:11 pm

As a new Nobile dealer for Cape Town and after testing a 555 I had the same concerns, but only about the pads - a quick check show that users generaly feel the straps are top drawer, as I do.
My understanding is that the pads have in fact been upgraded for 2008.

Brian

wm
Medium Poster

Postby wm » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:15 pm

the stiff straps at the sides (the two straps that come out from the footbeds to connect with the arch) are left exposed without any padding. This means that these side straps rub against the sides of my foot.
I agree. Making one foot jump a week ago I missed a bit when inserting a foot before landing and rubbing it against the open belt. The skin peeled off making it very uncomfortable to ride and walk some days after.
Pads are good.

Bvok
Rare Poster

Postby Bvok » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:17 pm

I hope you're right Brian.

@ Dwight. Most boards are £399 to £499 = $800-$1000 USD. Yes, we pay too much in the UK for everything. You should try running a car here, gasoline is $7.34 per gallon.

R Soul
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Str8 From The Horses Mouth... Ravens and Shinns... Love 'em.

Postby R Soul » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:22 pm

wm wrote:
the stiff straps at the sides (the two straps that come out from the footbeds to connect with the arch) are left exposed without any padding. This means that these side straps rub against the sides of my foot.
I agree. Making one foot jump a week ago I missed a bit when inserting a foot before landing and rubbing it against the open belt. The skin peeled off making it very uncomfortable to ride and walk some days after.
Pads are good.
What are you talking about?
Post a picture of how you have them set up.
If set properly there is absolutely no open webbing, and unless you have huge feet, the vast majority of that webbing is on the other side of the strap enclosed?!
There's even a full length piece of velcro to mate the soft material of the straps down to the pad???
Confused to your troubles.

Bvok
Rare Poster

Postby Bvok » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:29 pm

I can't post a picture as I don't have the board anymore. Trust me, I tried every which way to make them work. Nobile just have to accept that some people found the 07 straps impossible to fit comfortably.

Hopefully the 08's are improved though they look the same from the pics.

peep
Medium Poster

Postby peep » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:21 pm

got to admit i managed to see these boards in the flesh yesterday and to be honest the graphics look pretty cheap up close, and what were they thinking making the shinn pro with a Leather top sheet finish!. just nasty! last years 555 looked expensive and classy but this year just looks rushed and very amateur graphics. not much thought gone into it.
It also seems that they havent really moved on and changed much in board design which may prove to be a bad thing? or not as many people loved the 2007 designs.
most of the shop customers who buy nobile from us also change the pads? so there is definatley an issue there they need to address.
the most eye catching boards i have seen this year are the New North Mallory / and Sky pro, and also the New Airush Xpact and and Airush Protoy as they have the sweetest footstraps and pads if you get a chance go stick your feet in them! they are the New LUX pads!

Mattdog
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mattdog » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:42 pm

Watch that video ASnews interview with Mark Shinn. Mark put both footstraps on backwards on his Shinn surfboard :o:o . Widest section should be against the ball/inside of the foot. so the two wide sections should face in to each other toward the grab handle - whether its a TT or surf board same diff.

Their footstraps are harder to tell which is the correct oreintation. I suspect some people are installing them wrong.

I saw this on other photos of the boards as well.

Also I'm worried about the pads being way way too short for my size 12-1/2 foot with 7mm booties on. I suspect Mark has sz9-10 feet and his feet take up the entire foot pad seen in action shots. Look on the 40cm wide shinn TT, the pads only take up 1/2 the board width!!

Whacky stuff folks ...

Return to “Kitesurfing”