Forum for kitesurfers
Hansen Design
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Switch Method vs Wainman

Postby Hansen Design » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:03 am

Hi Syuzhak:
The Method brings out strong opinions from various riders - particularly the 12 (which you did not ask about.) Suggest you thoroughly read the pertinent threads in the review section viewforum.php?f=7 and you will see that even some owners who hated the kite in the beginning found it to be magical later. Note that it is a wave-specific kite and not intended for freestyle so if you are looking for something more versatile, the Element (in the Switch line-up) might be a better choice or something from another brand. You can also read about it on the Switch forum and decide for yourself...
Cheers! :thumb:

Syuzhak wrote:
I've been looking at these two kites for mainly waveriding and some wakestyle. Specifically in the 7m and 9m size. Has anybody been able to compare these back to back? Im looking for lowend, unhooking, and drift performance. Thanks!
Last edited by Hansen Design on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ym
Medium Poster
Style: Wake
Been thanked: 0

Postby ym » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:21 am

Having flown both, and owned, if you like to go wakestyle and wave, I would totally go with Wainman. It is just a great kite. 12m Method had just too much bar pressure for me. After a season, you would have a forearm like popeye, hahaha. Wainman is just stable and solid feel when you fly it. Just my 2 cents.

KevinTheKiter
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby KevinTheKiter » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:06 am

Oldnbroken wrote: .....Kevin, you need therapy :mad2:
Do you really think that? I just wondered where in the OP's question did he ask you to recommend an Epic kite. You were given two options, Switch or Wainman. What did you recommend? An Epic kite! The clue was in the title: Switch Method vs Wainman, it was very clear.

Did it ever occur to you that the OP didn't want some massively hyped, tacky kite of medium quality? You've got dozens and dozens of posts in the Epic thread, at least try and exercise some self control and keep your partisan opinions in one place. You wonder why you've got no credibility.

Toodle pip.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:55 am

Kevin-
The OP asked his question a year ago, in case you are not aware.
Pixelpedro bumped the thread Tuesday saying he is interested how they compare.
Having owned both, I gave a strong recommendation for the Wainman Rabbit.
Then disclosed that I like the Epic Renegade even better.
If anybody cares to heed my recommendation for the Rabbit, then they may also be interested in a kite of somewhat similar design that I have found to be better for my intended purpose.
And since I immediately got a PM asking questions, somebody obviously wanted to know more.
For those that do not care what my opinion is, they are free to ignore my post altogether, no worries there at all.
And yes, I do think you need therapy, your post history speaks for itself. :crazy2:

Hasse
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Agger, Hanstholm
Style: Wave and foil. Little freestyle.
Gear: Gin kites, Hyde Kites, Kauper.

Postby Hasse » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:15 am

I have ride both for a while. Both kites is super but Switch Methood is NOT good for wakestyle. Wainman is so much better for that. (still not good but better)

And both of them have high bar pressur if you compare with some other kites but it is not so bad at all i think and at people get tired in the arms is probly because they not are in so good shape ;)

jkrug
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 200 lbs
Gear: stuff

Postby jkrug » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:56 am

Hasse wrote:And both of them have high bar pressur if you compare with some other kites but it is not so bad at all i think and at people get tired in the arms is probly because they not are in so good shape ;)
the Rabbits don't come near the bar pressure of the Method, but they're certainly higher than some others i've tried. Bar pressure effects really have nothing to do with being in shape. I'm a gym-rat, but my shoulders still feel the effects of high bar pressure. I think age is more of a factor. a young stud with relatively 'new' shoulders can endure the higher bar pressure but will eventually understand the pain older farts like me feel after years of abuse on them.

Hasse
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Agger, Hanstholm
Style: Wave and foil. Little freestyle.
Gear: Gin kites, Hyde Kites, Kauper.

Postby Hasse » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:57 pm

jkrug wrote:
Hasse wrote:And both of them have high bar pressur if you compare with some other kites but it is not so bad at all i think and at people get tired in the arms is probly because they not are in so good shape ;)
the Rabbits don't come near the bar pressure of the Method, but they're certainly higher than some others i've tried. Bar pressure effects really have nothing to do with being in shape. I'm a gym-rat, but my shoulders still feel the effects of high bar pressure. I think age is more of a factor. a young stud with relatively 'new' shoulders can endure the higher bar pressure but will eventually understand the pain older farts like me feel after years of abuse on them.
I´m 39 and i don´t feel anything in my shoulders... And i was riding Wainman-Switch side by side and it not so big different between the bar pressur. But i was riding 9 m and not 12 m...... I just come in after a amazing session in 3 hours and don´t have any problem with my shoulders ;)

jkrug
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 200 lbs
Gear: stuff

Postby jkrug » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:50 pm

Hasse wrote:I´m 39 and i don´t feel anything in my shoulders... And i was riding Wainman-Switch side by side and it not so big different between the bar pressur. But i was riding 9 m and not 12 m...... I just come in after a amazing session in 3 hours and don´t have any problem with my shoulders ;)
i didn't have any problems with my shoulders either when i was 39...but that was 17 years ago. for your sake, i hope your shoulders hold up better than mine have. as i mentioned earlier here, i've heard from some that the 9M Method is a far superior kite to the 12M, but since i have never tried it, i cannot comment.

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:24 pm

KevinTheKiter wrote:Aloha Mede. I re read my post. I don't see where I am anything other than calm.

Old and Broken has chosen to hijack a post about two kites not related to Epic, he cannot help himself. I pointed out that it was not very classy and very predictable. Did the OP want to know about Epic? Did he ask for a comparison? Surely if the OP wanted to know about Epic he could have gone through the 90+ pages of shit and biased reviews on the main Epic thread?

Oh and your comment about not being biased? Really, you can't honestly believe that can you? The last thing you'll ever get from him is an unbiased comment.

Let's try and keep non Epic threads just that, if you can help yourself Old and Broken?
You really should just try an epic kite, once you do I'm sure you will understand why there are so many threads and posts about them. There is a reason that the slogan is Warning: do not buy another kite until you try an Epic! Check with dimitri, I'm sure he can set up a demo for you

ed257
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ed257 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:22 pm

jkrug wrote:
Hasse wrote:I´m 39 and i don´t feel anything in my shoulders... And i was riding Wainman-Switch side by side and it not so big different between the bar pressur. But i was riding 9 m and not 12 m...... I just come in after a amazing session in 3 hours and don´t have any problem with my shoulders ;)
i didn't have any problems with my shoulders either when i was 39...but that was 17 years ago. for your sake, i hope your shoulders hold up better than mine have. as i mentioned earlier here, i've heard from some that the 9M Method is a far superior kite to the 12M, but since i have never tried it, i cannot comment.
Jeff is in unbelievable shape and looks like Laird Hamilton. I had no idea he was my age.

Ed

Return to “Kitesurfing”