Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Adicora Venezuela Wind 10 months / year + cheap+ warm !

Forum for kitesurfers
Kite-adic
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Adicora, Venezuela
Style: Freeride.
Gear: C-kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Adicora Venezuela Wind 10 months / year + cheap+ warm !

Postby Kite-adic » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Adicora, Venezuela, Wind, waves, slicks almost all year-round espacially from december thru september !

Sun, 30 degrees, Wind, slick and waves 24 hour a day, NO CROWDS, 100 km coastline of wind and spots, cheap and you got it all !

artemis_clyde_frog
Rare Poster

Re: Adicora Venezuela Wind 10 months / year + cheap+ warm !

Postby artemis_clyde_frog » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:24 am

Looks like a great spot! Is it hard to travel there from Cabo de la Vela/ Maicao? Relatively safe for gringos to travel there?

Kite-adic
Rare Poster

Postby Kite-adic » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:58 am

artemis_clyde_frog wrote:Looks like a great spot! Is it hard to travel there from Cabo de la Vela/ Maicao? Relatively safe for gringos to travel there?
Greetings !

Yes it is really easy and safe for Gringos or anyone and to get here from any part of the world and you are near by ( Columbia ).

We are located in tha peninsula of Paraguaná wich the north part is located approximatively 30 miles doo South off Aruba so you got as much as 7 flights a day that rely Aruba to us ( Tiara air Aruba ) it is only a 20 minutes flight to Las Piedras airport wich is an hour drive from here.

By Caracas is easy as well for people from Europe. Much cheaper form the US to Aruba ( As low as 450 $ round trip ! )

I am Canadian guide, speaking English, spanish and french, came here many times since 16 years, kite instructor and provider in hotel busineses.

We offer full services, houses, rooms, driving, fresh food, kite lessons, guidance, traduction, etc.

For more informations Contact us on kiteadic@gmail.com
and / or on Facebook ( type "Kite-adic" ).

( You can get here from Columbia by plane ( Las Piedras, Punto-Fijo ) or bus )

Thank you very much and Saludos de venezuela ! :bye:

Kite-adic
Rare Poster

Postby Kite-adic » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Hello again to all!

Always the wind every day except one has a roughly two days per month is really the BEST WIND SPOT ON THE PLANET ! :bye:

Here are the stats GFS windguru (almost exactly what happened i am here since from mid-April) ! :jump:

For those who want to feel how it's happened this year (and it keeps on going strong oh yes!) Still very windy and waves all week we had! : lol : :thumb:

Prepare your fight warm 2014 we have good bookings between January and May! : twisted:

Yet instead contact me! ;) 8)

Saudos del paraiso de viento! :naughty:

BEST WIND STATS ON THE PLANET ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!

http://www.windguru.cz/fr/historie.php? ... &model=gfs

Vacaloca
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Buenos aires, chascomus, punta rasa

Postby Vacaloca » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:03 am

Nice spot! Being on the caribbean why is the water so dark?

Kite-adic
Rare Poster

Postby Kite-adic » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:32 am

Vacaloca wrote:Nice spot! Being on the caribbean why is the water so dark?
The non-stop Wind and consequent infinite waves break on the sand all over the cosastline and brings it at large when it blows over 15-20 knots all the time.

When there is a " break" ( between 12-15 knots for example ) in the Wind period ( working with the moon cycles ) then the water may turn back to turquoise and cristaline.

Waves sections with sand color waters are on the coastline from here to Coro ( like 40-60 km southward )

The slick shots i have taken were in front of Adicora where the water ios dark is lower of the reef, there are algaes and this is a passage to go the other side of the town...

I will post other pictures soon from the other spots between 4 and 15 km northward adicora soon...

With blue marble usual color overr there ! :thumb:

The fact is, that This place is the windiest i know i would like to see another spot with as much Wind on the planet. At least on statistics. :baby:

Cheers !

Vacaloca
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Buenos aires, chascomus, punta rasa

Postby Vacaloca » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:51 am

Nice! Once more, how do you get there from caracas?

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:14 pm

Kite-adic wrote: ...

Greetings !

Yes it is really easy and safe for Gringos
...:
Could "You" explain This please :
... wrote: ... Venezuela’s political leadership maintains an anti-U.S. government discourse, and its political climate is highly polarized and fluid. Violent crime is a serious problem, and the capital city of Caracas has one of the highest per capita homicide rates in the world. Kidnappings, assaults, and robberies occur throughout the country; no areas are safe.
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_t ... _1059.html

OK -- there's arias in cities located in the USA, that even I wouldn't go visit ; so
i'm not trying to make you sound Bad !
But
How do Ya get to Your spot without going through the troubled sections ?

Be certain to answerer truthfully ; i personally know someone from that country
and will be asking Him .

Bille

southflorida
Medium Poster
Style: flat water, go fast, practice tricks

Postby southflorida » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:26 pm

I'll second his information on the wind. And warmth.

It's the trades and they sweep the northern coast of Venezuela for 8 or so months a year. The tree pictured in my avatar was wind-swept by those trades in eastern Venezuela. Those winds built the town of El Yaque on Margarita island (eastern Venezuela) on the windsurfing craze. In 1982 El Yaque was a desolate fishing village, it is now a thriving little town with dozens of small hotels catering to kiters and windsurfers.

Venezuela has tremendous tourism potential for kiters, but until the safety improves substantially, and they get over their silly problems like scarcity of toilet paper and other essentials, then they might be able to take advantage of the wind and focus on tourism.

Adicora, and the entire Paraguana peninsula has the potential to be as good as NE Brazil if it is ever developed. And it is closer to the USA, potentially much easier/quicker to get to. There is certainly no lack of wind.

I don't know about "cheap"...there is little local production of anything. Too much is imported, including now toilet paper, coffee, meats, grains...they have real problems producing enough to feed themselves. Not a surprise considering they are modeling themselves and being guided by Cuba's economic and political model.

The USA doesn't have an ambassador in Venezuela, he was kicked out years ago

oh, did I mention? It is WINDY there!

by the way, it is spelled "Colombia", not "Columbia"!

Kite-adic
Rare Poster

Postby Kite-adic » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:18 am

Bille wrote:
Kite-adic wrote: ...

Greetings !

Yes it is really easy and safe for Gringos
...:
Could "You" explain This please :
... wrote: ... Venezuela’s political leadership maintains an anti-U.S. government discourse, and its political climate is highly polarized and fluid. Violent crime is a serious problem, and the capital city of Caracas has one of the highest per capita homicide rates in the world. Kidnappings, assaults, and robberies occur throughout the country; no areas are safe.
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_t ... _1059.html

OK -- there's arias in cities located in the USA, that even I wouldn't go visit ; so
i'm not trying to make you sound Bad !
But
How do Ya get to Your spot without going through the troubled sections ?

Be certain to answerer truthfully ; i personally know someone from that country
and will be asking Him .

Bille
Mister Bille,

Well, when i answered the question about security i wass talking about here in the peninsula and the town. It is indeed safe.

The information about the crime rates in caracas is true. Thecrime rate there is high. This city is very wide and populated. It is located at 8 hours drive from Adicora.

But this "report" is basicly exagerated.

They make it appear like Venezuela is a totally cahotic gangland. It is very untrue.

Sure travelers have to take some précautions if they plan to come in Venezuela BUT IT IS VERY FAR FROM BEING A DANGEROUS ZONE ALL AROUND !

The danger in Venezuela is located mostly in the 3 big cities ( Caracas, Maracaibo and Valencia. )

There are also some other parts people have to take precaution ( crime ) but it is not like if you pass thru a war zone and you always have the possibility of being agressed on every corner it is absurd !

If you come in Adicora you will not cross danger zones, you will be transfered from Caracas or Aruba ( wich is very safe ).

If you pass bu Caracas, and have a transfer the next day, or it is better to deal with a recognized travel agency or contact us so we will put you in touch with the right people.

Passing thru Aruba is easy and very safe and closer to here.

For the danger in Venezuela, if people want to go elsewhere they have to be advised but I have met a lot of travelers ( not tourist who are going only in resorts...) who traveld all around the country, in the so called " dangerous cities, zones" and they all told me it was exagerated.

I personnaly think that it is dangerous in some parts like the 3 big cities and some other specifific places but people have to be wise and not going in these big cities walking around in some parts of it anytime, any places unguided and unadvised...

Sure i do not recommend to go in these cities, even in the mid-ranged cities alone when you are a real traveler that is not speaking any spanish and advised.

I apologise if i was not precised in the response it may put some confusion abouthtis important aspect...

To anyone who wanna come over here please contact us if you wanna come we will help you out with this.

For people who come from Europe, it is aparently cheaper to pass by Caracas but better to take a travel agency if you have a transit, if you plan to sleep there, if you do not speak any spanish, it is even better at the airport for your transfer to Coro or Punto-Fijo...

I suggest to everyone coming from the USA and Canada to pass by Aruba. It is much cheaper ( special prices between mondays and Thursdays ) If people from elsewhere wanna come by the easyest, simplest and safest way from anywhere in the world please pass by Aruba if you feel better with this. ( please contact us so we will give you more support, infos and tips ! )

But if you pass by Caracas we will help you as much as we can to make it safe and sound.

Aruba is 100 % safe and only at 20 minutes flight of Punto-Fijo wich is at 1 hour drive from adicora.

I recommend to travelers from Europe to pass thru Aruba as well but it is a personnal choice for everyone.

For the politics " polarised anti-American " well, i have to say this is really over exagerated.

Venezuelian people are not fanatics, radicals, nor " guerilleros" and there is no hatred towards Americans...

Like anywhere in the world, there are idiots but nothing noticable !

In fact, if you ever come out here and look for yourself, you will find these people very kind, polite, welcoming, educated, and they are not obsessed with politics and are peaceful, party loving people.

I am here actually and i can confirm you that they are not in a vandetta against the US or anyone else by the people.

Yes this present government is not pro-American ( Chavistas ) but people here don't matter at all with all this i can assure you and it is very likely the last election ( april 2013 ) has been frauded ( it was tied to less than 1 % of the vote " win" for the Maduro party ).

I am not here to debate about politics, i simply put out the facts here.

It is sad that there are very bad publicity about it because it is wrong for this aspect.

I personnaly know a nice aged ( 67 years old ) American kiter named David who comes here every year since a lot of time and still enjoy's it with no problems ! :D

By the way sir, please go ahead and ask your friend if what i say is true or not.

We will help people for travel logistics just contact us and pick you up at the Puntyo-Fijo or Coro airport.

Please contact us if you wanna come we will be happy to serve you !
Last edited by Kite-adic on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”