Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2014 North Evo review (in comparimsment to the 2013 Fuse)

Forum for kitesurfers
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Re: 2014 North Evo review (in comparimsment to the 2013 Fuse

Postby Caesar » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:19 pm

hmattar wrote:
COOP wrote:The Fuse will blow the Evo away with jumping/hang time, that's what it is designed to do. You will be surprised of the bottom end on the 10mt Fuse. It is my favourite size, big sweet spot!
I would go a two kite quiver, to be safe. Could not recommend any sizes on the 2014 Evo as I have not flown them. For me at 90 kg a 12 is my largest size in the Fuse, so maybe go the 13.
Be interested to hear your feedback if you do get the two kites and which you prefer!
Personally I find the big kites in Norths (14mt) range to heavy and turn like trucks in light winds, you really should consider a light wind kite once you go over 13. It's just the way the Norths are built with reinforcement that make them a bit to heavy in lighter winds.
Good luck
Thanks Mate,
I think i'll get the 13m and pair with the 10m old fuse.
Caesar, i'll bring you the evo so you can try, if north doesn't f*** up and deliver my kite in time.

North here in Brazil is having some stocking issues. For the 2014 kites, they had rebels and dices till 2 months ago when they ran out. Now they don't have any 2014 kites. They expect to receive the Evos and Neos soon. They wont have anymore rebels, until the 2015 is launched.
Good luck mate and see you in Ocean View in a month.

Cheers
Caesar 8)
Last edited by Caesar on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clydesdale
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby clydesdale » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:21 pm

10m Fuse is such a great kite. moment of silence for its demise.

so they are turning every kite into more unhooked style kites and give the new evo/fuse to a new designer

everyone that i know has a rebel is generally newer and eventually moves onto 4 lines

why north why

COOP
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Everywhere
Favorite Beaches: All Australian beaches.
Style: Freeride
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby COOP » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:58 am

clydesdale wrote:10m Fuse is such a great kite. moment of silence for its demise.

so they are turning every kite into more unhooked style kites and give the new evo/fuse to a new designer

everyone that i know has a rebel is generally newer and eventually moves onto 4 lines

why north why
+1

hmattar
Medium Poster
Local Beach: salinas/PA-Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Salinas/PA Cumbuco/CE
Been thanked: 0

Postby hmattar » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:01 pm

LoL. A month has passed since north in Brazil told me the 2014 Evo's where arriving and no kites till now.
They don't have nothing in stock since JUNE!
As we can see in the Brazilian north distributor webpage, they only have dynos : http://atonkiteshop.com/pipas/north/2014.html
Who in their right mind will pay 2800 US dollars for a 15m dyno.

So I ended up buying a 2013 used 14m Rebel and will wait till the evos or 2015 rebels arrive :/

Here in Brazil if you ride north kites, you can't buy the kites you want when you want. You need to educate yourself to buy each specific north kite model in a short window of time in some random time of the year.

If you ride rebels you can only buy them from february till may. If you ride Evos you can only buy them from september till december.

This guys really need to learn how to keep some kites stocked in their warehouse.

Michelks
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sao Sebastiao- Brazil
Favorite Beaches: tahiti, buzios
Style: freerider
Gear: crossbow 16, vegas 14,switchblade 12, crossbow 10

Postby Michelks » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:40 am

Hmattar, you should open one topic with your post. No one in Brazil understands why North doesn't change their dealer.
This year they imported only one TT board , the Xride.
They sold some dice and rebel during feb/ march, after this no more.
And now they will buy some 2014 sold out kites from North and sell them until march 2015.
Why such a brand spoils her name with the worst dealer possiible?
Here in Rio, North has less than 10% of market share and everyone knows the reason, no products, no spare parts, abusive prices and total desinterest .
As you said some people pay us$ 2800 for a kite, and they don't let you go inside the store, you wait outside and someone brings the kite for you at the corridor outside the store.
Weird.

hmattar
Medium Poster
Local Beach: salinas/PA-Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Salinas/PA Cumbuco/CE

Postby hmattar » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:05 am

Michelks wrote:Hmattar, you should open one topic with your post. No one in Brazil understands why North doesn't change their dealer.
This year they imported only one TT board , the Xride.
They sold some dice and rebel during feb/ march, after this no more.
And now they will buy some 2014 sold out kites from North and sell them until march 2015.
Why such a brand spoils her name with the worst dealer possiible?
Here in Rio, North has less than 10% of market share and everyone knows the reason, no products, no spare parts, abusive prices and total desinterest .
As you said some people pay us$ 2800 for a kite, and they don't let you go inside the store, you wait outside and someone brings the kite for you at the corridor outside the store.
Weird.
Exactly!

Brazilian dealer never brings a board bag, a t-shirt, quiverbag etc. Boards? Are you crazy?
If you want to have a North board you must bring it yourself from overseas.

While all dealers around the world are promoting the 2015 rebel video and linking at their facebook/twitter whatever, Brazilian North dealer have to hide that, so people don't get mad cause
they are still bringing the 2014 kites, how can they promote 2015? How can they sell their 2014's at full price when the 2015 is out there.

I know Brazilian customs are hard to work with, but we don't see that happening with the guys that bring Cabrinha, the guys that bring Airush/Liqid force, the guys from Best. Etc etc etc.

The only thing I can say in their favor is that they do have a great warranty. I had a problem with a kite and they gave me a new one. And also the guys that distributes north kites in North/Northeast of Brazil are amazing. If it weren't by those guys I wouldn't be buying north kites.

Return to “Kitesurfing”