Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Pansh Kite aurora II 12 m2 Ultralight...just a disaster !!

For all foil kite riders
socommk23
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hill head
Favorite Beaches: Brean. Uphill. Pembrey. Hill head. Meon shore
Style: Keeping the kite dry....hopefully
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Pansh Kite aurora II 12 m2 ULtralight....just a disaster !!

Postby socommk23 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:18 pm

RagingGrandpa wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 9:40 pm
megerwan wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 6:34 pm
http://www.panshkite.com/index.php?gOo= ... oductname=
Attention:
Beginning March 1, 2017, the Aurora II ultra light version upgraded to V2.0 version already. PANSH started to send the Aurora II ultra light version out beginning this date. The bridles system is mainly upgraded on the V2.0 version of Aurora II ultra light. It completely prevents the snap of the bridles under the certain extremely bad conditions. A commitment of PANSH, if there is any damage or snaps caused by non user’s reason; PANSH will provide free replacement or refund service.
Woah, mine shipped on March 2, hope it ended up with the upgrades... my bridles are yellow, yours looked white?

Looks fab in their red. I have the cerberus in this material. And the prototype aurora2 15m. Always thought it should be i the red.

RagingGrandpa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Michigan
Style: TT, HF, SB, snow, ice
Gear: nothing special

Postby RagingGrandpa » Fri May 26, 2017 11:41 pm

opie wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 10:12 pm
Judging from the picture, I am guessing it flies well?
I'm just a noob, but I'm happy with it ;) Flew fine out of the bag, so far has survived a number of days of light crashes and beach torture without evidence of damage... relaunches on water at least 75% of the time, heh.

https://youtu.be/Qh-iwAfrqKc?t=2m20s

socommk23
Frequent Poster
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .

Postby socommk23 » Sat May 27, 2017 8:30 am

RagingGrandpa wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 11:41 pm
opie wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 10:12 pm
Judging from the picture, I am guessing it flies well?
I'm just a noob, but I'm happy with it ;) Flew fine out of the bag, so far has survived a number of days of light crashes and beach torture without evidence of damage... relaunches on water at least 75% of the time, heh.

https://youtu.be/Qh-iwAfrqKc?t=2m20s
Ive crashed mine plenty of times on water. Only once did i have to pack up and swim in.

megerwan
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby megerwan » Sun May 28, 2017 6:06 pm

you are lucky I d say .

i can understand that a brand may have time to time some pb with a kite or briddle or whatever. but what I don't understand, this is why they don't answer at all to any of my mails. they just don't care.
when I bought my kite, I asked questions and then they were replying to my mails very quickly. but for the support. nothing !!!

fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Postby fernmanus » Sun May 28, 2017 10:28 pm

The Pansh guys are foolish. Just because a kite is inexpensive, it cannot be garbage. They won't be around long if this is their modus operandi.

I have to drive an hour to go kiting, so for me to invest my time and money, I don't want to be fooling around with a crappy kite. I have seen a lot of new kiters struggle with old or poorly-designed kite they bought on e-bay for weeks or months. I have loaned them a kite and all of a sudden their learning accelerates.

Gear does make a difference. The best companies charge more, but also offer support and a well-engineered product - Flysurfer, Core, and Ozone are the ones that I personally have had the best experience with thus far. Ride Engine also has excellent customer support.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Mon May 29, 2017 1:35 am

Nice bit of FUD you posted there fernmanus, I am sure your flysurfer masters have the check in mail.

windrider1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: FLYSURFER, HQ KITES, OZONE KITES

Postby windrider1 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:34 am

Pansh has been getting away with this crap for over 10 years. and every year folks send them their money. My first pansh depower kite was purchased more than 10 years ago a pansh blaze and it used to collapse during static jumps. I bought 2 or 3 more throughout the years thinking they have improved but all had different problems. Its upsetting to see people pumping them because folks read it and go ahead and buy their kites only to loose their hard earned money. I'm all for cheaper prices and competition but pansh is none of those things . Pansh is basically a SCAM . They have no clue what they are doing and basically count on people not returning their faulty kites while keeping the profits. If morons would stop pimping their kites as an alternative to reputable brands maybe they would not exisit as a company. I know some idiot would respond here that they bought a pansh kite and it worked just fine. and its the sort of nonesense that keeps the thing going. File a claim with paypal that's all u can do.

fernmanus wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 10:28 pm
The Pansh guys are foolish. Just because a kite is inexpensive, it cannot be garbage. They won't be around long if this is their modus operandi.

I have to drive an hour to go kiting, so for me to invest my time and money, I don't want to be fooling around with a crappy kite. I have seen a lot of new kiters struggle with old or poorly-designed kite they bought on e-bay for weeks or months. I have loaned them a kite and all of a sudden their learning accelerates.

Gear does make a difference. The best companies charge more, but also offer support and a well-engineered product - Flysurfer, Core, and Ozone are the ones that I personally have had the best experience with thus far. Ride Engine also has excellent customer support.

RagingGrandpa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Michigan
Style: TT, HF, SB, snow, ice
Gear: nothing special

Postby RagingGrandpa » Mon May 29, 2017 2:51 am

windrider1 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 2:34 am
I know some idiot would respond here that they bought a pansh kite and it worked just fine. and its the sort of nonesense that keeps the thing going.
heyyyyy...

Jamie-NYC
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fire Island, New York
Gear: Best Kahoona 13.5m, 11.5m, 9.5m - Slingshot Turbine 17m - Pansh A15 18m

Postby Jamie-NYC » Mon May 29, 2017 4:43 am

windrider1 wrote:
Pansh has been getting away with this crap for over 10 years. and every year folks send them their money. My first pansh depower kite was purchased more than 10 years ago a pansh blaze and it used to collapse during static jumps. I bought 2 or 3 more throughout the years thinking they have improved but all had different problems. Its upsetting to see people pumping them because folks read it and go ahead and buy their kites only to loose their hard earned money. I'm all for cheaper prices and competition but pansh is none of those things . Pansh is basically a SCAM . They have no clue what they are doing and basically count on people not returning their faulty kites while keeping the profits. If morons would stop pimping their kites as an alternative to reputable brands maybe they would not exisit as a company. I know some idiot would respond here that they bought a pansh kite and it worked just fine. and its the sort of nonesense that keeps the thing going. File a claim with paypal that's all u can do.
In case people are Googling the Aurora II and come across this thread, I think some sanity needs to be injected here. Pansh is not Flysurfer. Pansh is not Ozone, and Pansh is not like any other foil kite maker. There are people who will hate them for that. There are people who hate them for being Chinese. There are people who hate them because they make kites that are much less expensive than the ones they themselves purchased. And there are people who hate Pansh because they took a chance on them and it didn't work for their purposes. So anyone considering a Pansh, think about each of these categories.

Pansh is a company in development - apparently, they have had less-than-stellar designs in the past (and some say currently as well). Pansh has introduced new designs at a fast rate in recent years - product development has accelerated. At the same time, Google will help you find very positive reviews of current Pansh products (A15, Aurora & Aurora II, Aeolus). 10 years ago Pansh might have been a total newbie company taking baby steps (a little harsh perhaps), but now they are very obviously a player in the foil kite world.

Pansh is less than 50% the price of a major brand kite. In some case significantly less than 50% the price. Pansh is a Chinese owned and run company. The manufacturer's command of the english language is possibly limited. This means do not expect product support - you won't get it. There is no evidence that this is the result of anything other than language barrier.

What do you want for your money? Do you want a guaranteed foil kite? No such thing, all manufacturers have their critics. Do you want a proven winner on the race course? There are major brands who want your business (unless Pansh prove otherwise in the future). Do you want a product backed by someone on the phone? If yes, Pansh is NOT for you (unless they sell enough kites to pay for that person). Consider all of these things - which are not minor - before turning to Pansh.

Do you want to try a foil kite, and are you willing to do a little research and to put your kiting skills to some test? Try Pansh. They make great kites as far as I can tell from the 3 I own (all 2015 or newver). One of mine ets had issues right out of the bag (documented here in the a15 post), but I had done my homework, and all was good (not a manufacturing issues per say, more an "assembly" one, and one that basic kiting knowledge helped me sort). Kite was ordered with bar, and lines (center/outside) where reversed. Took a minute to sort. Can you handle that kind of issue? If yes you should be fine with Pansh. Is your knowledge of kiting thin? Avoid Pansh (or any other foil kite maker, actually)

The Pansh A15 i a great product. The Aurora II has many positive review. I am eager to read about the Aeolus as well. Relax everyone, Pansh will likely be here for the run. Give it a try if you are on the fence.

socommk23
Frequent Poster

Postby socommk23 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:35 am

windrider1 wrote:

fernmanus wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 10:28 pm

Everyone that has a different opinion is an idiot then?
Oh dear.

I have 14 pansh kites. 3 Fone diablos and an airush lei.
My "goto" kite for kite surfing is the Pansh aurora2 15m.
Infact iv only owned one pansh kite that needed work from the bag. And that was an easy fix.
So anyone that cant make them fly, or has inly owned 2 or 3 from 10 years ago, isnt the kind of person to be taking advice from!

Return to “Foil Kites”