sabraxas
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How to make a kite

Postby sabraxas » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:13 pm

LiquidXtasy wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:54 pm
Like I could be talking about how fruity sabraxas looks with those cookie cutter shorts on in his icon and that girly looking leg pose with his board, but I don't. Because he might be gay and that would be making fun of him.
Obviously racists are homophobic too and see gays everywhere.
Projection of their own mind.
I remember American beauty movie, the neighbour of Spacey is a perfect mirror of L XTC

P.S.: Your icon with the Kitty jumping in the lights of electronic music is queer funny :-)
Last edited by sabraxas on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tegirinenashi
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Gear: Bates 4000, Dominator MX-10
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tegirinenashi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:49 pm

LiquidXtasy wrote: I agree, let's end this racism and any other kind of degrading comment...
sabraxas wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:10 pm
Would be nice if some users are less despective with the people that works hard to make our dreams come true...
Look, there was no racism, to begin with. It is only you who see it everywhere (but ironically not in the ethnicity admission quotas to universities in the US). The comments were not disrespectful; it was just the author being sloppy. It were you -- SJW police -- who jumped in and hijacked the thread.

And, make no mistake, other nationalities have labels for developed nations too. Do you know how Russians call europeans: "gayropeans". The label for americans is even more offensive (and I have trouble founding proper translation).

Having said that, one shouldn't degrade other people without the reason, that is just good moral guidance. This is something people learn without the need for SJW police enforcing it as a moral standard.
Last edited by tegirinenashi on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lokihel
Frequent Poster
Style: Yes
Gear: North, Shinn, Zeeko foil

Postby Lokihel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:50 pm

LiquidXtasy wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:54 pm
Core kites where originally designed and made in Germany, that's why they have expanded to other parts of the globe for production, which has fooled many of us on here into believing they are from Sri Lanka, which they may be duplicated in, but not made originally.
Do I need to post a picture of the label on my Core kite or will you stop the trolling?

sabraxas
Frequent Poster

Postby sabraxas » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:21 pm

To end with this, whats your problem if Core are made in Germany or in Sri Lanka?
Whats the problem in recognizing they are made in Sri Lanka?

Arent they excellents kites anyway?

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo

Postby jeromeL » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:27 pm

sabraxas wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:21 pm
To end with this, whats your problem if Core are made in Germany or in Sri Lanka?

Too expensive for me but I did try a 9m XR4 in 22 knots, I was really impressed with it ;)
Didn't care too much for weird QR,
very nice feeling at the bar, control power right at the finger tips ;)

Wish I tried it in more wind though.

LiquidXtasy
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The beach that's closest to my house.
Favorite Beaches: The ones with sand and water.
Style: 2 Feet on the board, 2 hands on the bar
Gear: I'm not driving right now, but when I drive I always start out in 1st.
Brand Affiliation: Your mom

Postby LiquidXtasy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:47 am

tegirinenashi wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:49 pm
LiquidXtasy wrote: I agree, let's end this racism and any other kind of degrading comment...
sabraxas wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:10 pm
Would be nice if some users are less despective with the people that works hard to make our dreams come true...
Look, there was no racism, to begin with. It is only you who see it everywhere (but ironically not in the ethnicity admission quotas to universities in the US). The comments were not disrespectful; it was just the author being sloppy. It were you -- SJW police -- who jumped in and hijacked the thread.
You're absolutely right.
Lokihel wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:50 pm
Do I need to post a picture of the label on my Core kite or will you stop the trolling?
You can try, but it still won't prove anything. The original Core kites were made in Germany when they first started, and now they're paying people to make them the way they were made from the beggining, in Germany.

If you made your first necklace in the united states, then it would be made in the united states, and if you went on vacation in canada and made a necklace there, it would be made in canada, but originally from the united states.

I'm talking about the Core of Core, and where it all started. The beggining. Where they are designed from. Do you understand what I'm talking about now? Or do I have to post a picture like sabraxas always needs because he can't comprehend anything?
sabraxas wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:21 pm
Whats the problem in recognizing they are made in Sri Lanka?

Again I never said there was a problem. I think they are quality kites, and the people in Sri Lanka do a good job of ASSEMBLING them, and the people in Germany do a good job of DESIGNING them.

Go ahead, call me a racist one more time for saying that.

Lokihel
Frequent Poster
Style: Yes
Gear: North, Shinn, Zeeko foil

Postby Lokihel » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:38 am

LiquidXtasy wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:47 am
Lokihel wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:50 pm
You can try, but it still won't prove anything. The original Core kites were made in Germany when they first started, and now they're paying people to make them the way they were made from the beggining, in Germany.

If you made your first necklace in the united states, then it would be made in the united states, and if you went on vacation in canada and made a necklace there, it would be made in canada, but originally from the united states.

I'm talking about the Core of Core, and where it all started. The beggining. Where they are designed from. Do you understand what I'm talking about now? Or do I have to post a picture like sabraxas always needs because he can't comprehend anything?
I was sitting on a chair with no holes in the bottom, which impeded my capacity to understand things...

Basically you're saying that because Core has their head office in Germany, and probably made their first kite prototype in Germany, Core kites are all made in Germany, regardless of where they are now made.
I wish more people were like you. I could get so much stuff passed off as made in Europe or the USA or anywhere really. Just make the first one there, every other ever made will be made there as well, even if the actual factory has moved.
LiquidXtasy wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:47 am
Or do I have to post a picture like sabraxas always needs because he can't comprehend anything?
If you could post a simple sketch that would be great. No more than 10 simple words, or it will be too complicated for me to understand.
Get your box of crayons and remember to use bright colours please.

sabraxas
Frequent Poster

Postby sabraxas » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Finally I have to accept that liquid xtc was right.

Many web sites announce that "Core. Premium kites and boards made in Germany. And engineered with passion since 2001"

https://www.google.com.ar/search?q=Prem ... pBzPFGgsvY

I guess the factory of Core kites is located inside the german embassy in Sri Lanka :lol:

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:53 pm

Core. Premium kites and boards made in Germany. Engineered with passion since 2001

Put through a Core to English translator:

Core. Premiumly priced kites.

And boards made in Germany!

Disingenuous marketing since 2001

sabraxas
Frequent Poster

Postby sabraxas » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Well, lets recognize that our friend here has done a little advance in one week. Perhaps in 10 or 15 years... :-)

FROM→
LiquidXtasy wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:30 pm
-Most kites come from a factory in China, and all they do is change a few things to make them for different brands. Core is out of Germany though, and maybe a few other brands from other areas.

-Just because a bunch of Indians are making their products doesn't mean their products come from India. Their original products come from Germany, just like it says on the front of their website...

-Did you watch the video? Do you have your glasses on? Because I see a bunch of Indians working in a factory. Or maybe you know each of those workers nationality?
You should try looking at a map sometime, you will realize that Sri Lankan is a small island off India

-Oh it's not? It looks like a small island off India to me.

-Just because I said Core was made in Germany doesn't in any way mean that Germans...

-Like I could be talking about how fruity sabraxas looks with those cookie cutter shorts on in his icon and that girly looking leg pose with his board, but I don't. Because he might be gay and that would be making fun of him. Core kites where originally designed and made in Germany, that's why they have expanded to other parts of the globe for production, which has fooled many of us on here into believing they are from Sri Lanka, which they may be duplicated in, but not made originally.
TO→
LiquidXtasy wrote: - The original Core kites were made in Germany when they first started, and now they're paying people to make them the way they were made from the beggining, in Germany.

-I'm talking about the Core of Core, and where it all started. The beggining. Where they are designed from. Do you understand what I'm talking about now? Or do I have to post a picture like sabraxas always needs because he can't comprehend anything?

-Again I never said there was a problem. I think they are quality kites, and the people in Sri Lanka do a good job of ASSEMBLING them, and the people in Germany do a good job of DESIGNING them.

Return to “Kitesurfing”