Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ocean Rodeo Cypher 2012

Forum for kitesurfers
ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Ocean Rodeo Cypher 2012

Postby ORSales » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:04 pm

AGK wrote: Thanks for the review, EAG. Could you (and Evan and JZ?) comment a little more about the depower? The smoothness and power through turns sound perfect for me, (after riding rises since 2008, I feel like I have to have something that has a more positive feel through turns, but my one test on a razor found it a little to spiky and explosive for a geezer like me), but for our wave conditions having enough depower on the bar to allow the kite to stop pulling on the wave would be nice -- and I am in my first dozen sessions or so of riding strapless, so depower is good there too. Were you using an OR long-throw bar and were still not able to depower in the gusts?
AGK - not sure if you have demo'd the 2012 Razor or the 2011? 2011 was hugely popular was a bit punchy. The 2012 Razor has addressed this and is a beautiful kite. However, yes, the 2012 Cypher has a better high end than the Razor for lack of coning, allowing the kite to depower without needing to fly to the edge of the window. Both the Cypher and Razor pull beautifully through turns and down the line though as both sit quite deep.

Best bet is to get in touch with your local retailer to demo the kites back to back, samples have been shipped worldwide!

(Others who are reading this and who's local dealer does not currently have demo stock available please contact us directly today and we will work with you to get demo kites sent to your area!)

JohnZ - OR

AGK
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ocean Rodeo Cypher 2012

Postby AGK » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:52 pm

ORSales wrote:
AGK wrote: Thanks for the review, EAG. Could you (and Evan and JZ?) comment a little more about the depower? The smoothness and power through turns sound perfect for me, (after riding rises since 2008, I feel like I have to have something that has a more positive feel through turns, but my one test on a razor found it a little to spiky and explosive for a geezer like me), but for our wave conditions having enough depower on the bar to allow the kite to stop pulling on the wave would be nice -- and I am in my first dozen sessions or so of riding strapless, so depower is good there too. Were you using an OR long-throw bar and were still not able to depower in the gusts?
AGK - not sure if you have demo'd the 2012 Razor or the 2011? 2011 was hugely popular was a bit punchy. The 2012 Razor has addressed this and is a beautiful kite. However, yes, the 2012 Cypher has a better high end than the Razor for lack of coning, allowing the kite to depower without needing to fly to the edge of the window. Both the Cypher and Razor pull beautifully through turns and down the line though as both sit quite deep.

Best bet is to get in touch with your local retailer to demo the kites back to back, samples have been shipped worldwide!

(Others who are reading this and who's local dealer does not currently have demo stock available please contact us directly today and we will work with you to get demo kites sent to your area!)

JohnZ - OR
Thanks for the answer. I demoed a 2011 razor -- will try the 2012s as soon as I can (I'm only 30 miles from Kitty Hawk Kites in Rodanthe, but until the Highway 12 damage from Irene is repaired that's an unpassable 30 miles). Try to make sure they have a 9m Cypher and a 9m Razor by the second week in October. Or just sent them to me and I'll deliver them!

Return to “Kitesurfing”