Forum for kitesurfers
bludger
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

4 line set up on R3

Postby bludger » Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:13 pm

Having dealt with my R3 on a two line setup, I now realise 4 is so much easier (thanks to a day with a new blacktip). Do Naish do a kit for adapting ? (i will look on thier site), and will I get the lines running right straight away, or will I have to pant around setting them up in light wind days ?.
Finally when I bought the kite the guy in the store kindly gave me a brief, he said to use cable ties to hold the rolled materials in place, any help appreciated

1980buick
Rare Poster

Postby 1980buick » Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:27 am

Its really easy to convert R3s from 2 line to 4 line. I know that you can buy a kit from naish tha includes the extra lines as well as a depower strap. I dont rember if the R3 came with the addition pig tales needed or not. How ever what you do, first remove the bridal system. Next roll up the tips of the kite to the 4 line attachment points on the kite. Then you use cable ties to hold them inplace. The cable ties will go around the rolled part of the kite and then by cutting very small hole in the dacron on the wing tiops of the kite, go through the canopy of the kite, holding it in place. Then you attach the pigtail to the new attachment points. I hope this helps, I know that you can find diagrams of this on the internet. they should help more than I can.

best of luck
peiter

bludger
Medium Poster

Thanks

Postby bludger » Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:35 am

thanks for the info I'm heading for e instructions :P

Return to “Kitesurfing”