Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Sweet spot for X2 20 meter

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:52 pm

I think the amount of rocker in your board has more impact than your weight etc.

On my Mutant i can use the 20mX2 under 10 knots (jumping, upwind). on my littleTT with much more rocker, I need another 4 knots and even then I feel like I am slogging. It's a different riding style.

With a flat rocker board you get power from speed, with a bendy TT you are using the board to slow you down when super lit.

For example if the wind was steady 16 knots - I could go the 14m X2 and Mutant, or the 20mX2 and tiny TT. I would probab ly be powered sim ilarly on bothg - but with more bar pressure and less speed on the 20m.

The Advantage of the 20m and TT in this wind is big, floaty transitions and pop whenever you want it. The disadvantage is that you get tired pretty quickly as it takes more work.

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:15 am

On 2002-11-11 20:31, Air Vermont wrote:
I weigh 190 and sail a Jarvis or a Hana Crew Double VIsion 6.0/5.6

Gary
I have the Double Vision 6/5.5 as well. What are you doing for fin set up? Do you ride both sides, depending on wind? Do you find that the board ever behaves squirrely?

Return to “Kitesurfing”